Honda Shadow Forums banner

17401 - 17420 of 17426 Posts

·
Premium Member
1999 Shadow 750 ACE VT750CD3 Modified
3,131 Posts
I don't think we made it out of the 30's Fahrenheit today, the dog/cat outside water dish was frozen solid this morning.
I ran my bike in the shed on the jack to warm up the chain for lubing.
I didn't want to go out, but I did have the shed door open for ventilation, the combo COVID/Cold Weather depression wasn't bad enough to keep it shut......yet. (-;

·
Registered
51 Posts
Frustrating time trying to replace the clutch. Got the basket and plates out and now put the new ones back in, new springs but something doesn't feel right. The basket which was spinning pretty freely before is now SUPER stiff. As if something broke off or is jammed internally. It was really just 4 bolts and the center lock nut and it all went back together with new plates and springs but it just feels... off. Putting it down for the night and going to buy a torque wrench and come back tomorrow after work. I either got it or I didn't.

·
Registered
17,048 Posts
Frustrating time trying to replace the clutch. Got the basket and plates out and now put the new ones back in, new springs but something doesn't feel right. The basket which was spinning pretty freely before is now SUPER stiff. As if something broke off or is jammed internally. It was really just 4 bolts and the center lock nut and it all went back together with new plates and springs but it just feels... off. Putting it down for the night and going to buy a torque wrench and come back tomorrow after work. I either got it or I didn't.
It is hard to click "Like" on bad news, BUT I LIKE your attitude in the matter :D
Dennis
Stick to it

·
Registered
17,048 Posts
Replaced the tank valve and petcock assembly(oem from bandit) But now the fuel line doesn't reach by about a cm and a half.
Are you SURE the tank is sitting down correctly?
That Very Well could be the cause for the cm or more,
Dennis

·
Registered
98 Posts
Are you SURE the tank is sitting down correctly?
That Very Well could be the cause for the cm or more,
Dennis
It is 100pecent correct. Although my measurements were off I meant mm not cm bit yes it still far enough to not connect reliably. I have just bought a smidge of fuel rated line to bridge the gap hopefully this works

·
Registered
2003 VT1100C Spirit
170 Posts
I did a carb sync and adjusted the fuel mixture (pilot screws) on the Shadow as per the Honda Shop Manual.

The numbers on the left represent the carburetors' intake vacuum. ("217" is 21.7inHG.)
Nominal idle speed is 1000±100rpm
The numbers on the right don't mean anything.

I think I got 'em pretty close!

:)

·
Registered
51 Posts
It is hard to click "Like" on bad news, BUT I LIKE your attitude in the matter :D
Dennis
Stick to it
The lifting plate suddenly jolted to one side and I had no idea what happened. Found it. This is far beyond frustrating.

·
Registered
17,048 Posts
The lifting plate suddenly jolted to one side and I had no idea what happened. Found it. This is far beyond frustrating.
View attachment 291202
I SURE Cain`t Click the Like Button on these broke parts!!!
Hope you can find one reasonably priced,
Dennis

·
Registered
443 Posts
Still gotta tighten and add a clamp but hoping this works
To me
That looks kind of sketchy, a potential gas leak point dripping onto the HOT engine!

Why not go to an AUTO parts store and buy some fuel line long enough to reach.
I suggest you buy fuel injection grade hose as it is stiffer and does not kink when bent.
Buy some proper clamps too.
jmo,
:unsure:

·
Registered
7,856 Posts
Beautiful day here, so took it out for a nice putt. Got in a quick 50 miles and topped off the fuel.

Remember, when you go by a cop running around 100 in a 55, at least wave at him. It’s the polite thing to do.

Don’t take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

·
Registered
17,048 Posts
Yeah @Theja1 I always do wave at them, ESPECIALLY when I`m above the limit :D
What with this virus situation, "They ain`t pulling nobody over" my son John said the other day at the supper table,
Dennis

!00 in a 55? @Theja1 You know better`n that!!!

·
Registered
7,856 Posts
Yeah @Theja1 I always do wave at them, ESPECIALLY when I`m above the limit :D
What with this virus situation, "They ain`t pulling nobody over" my son John said the other day at the supper table,
Dennis

!00 in a 55? @Theja1 You know better`n that!!!
It was too much fun

Reactions: "Captain D"

·
Registered
51 Posts
The ones around here haven't got the memo, they're scooping drivers like pet store fish. They have fancy masks with the state flag on them and everything. I've only ever seen one pull a bike over though, and that was when I was doing a ride-along for class in '09.

·
Registered
7,856 Posts
The ones around here haven't got the memo, they're scooping drivers like pet store fish. They have fancy masks with the state flag on them and everything. I've only ever seen one pull a bike over though, and that was when I was doing a ride-along for class in '09.
They don’t pull bikes over here.

17401 - 17420 of 17426 Posts