Honda Shadow Forums banner

17561 - 17580 of 17621 Posts

·
Registered
1983 Honda vt750 Shadow
15,556 Posts
@grilledcheese, Concentrate on the pilot jets and passages and you will do well.
Don't separate the if you don't have too.
Float setting video=

·
Registered
129 Posts
Patiently waiting for the diaphragms to arrive from JBM industries.
According to tracking info they spent over 1 week going up and down the US.
4 days ago was saying it was in Chicago international and ready to be sent to the UK.
Just hope it doesn't pass over the Bermuda triangle... :unsure::rolleyes:

·
Registered
2001 Shadow Spirit 750
298 Posts
today i did something ive never done on this bike, removed the carbs! ordered a rebuild kit and new jets to accommodate my new pipes, wish me luck!
View attachment 292320
Good luck with your project. I gave mine a bath tonight. I thought I heard some moaning when I was getting into all the nooks and crannies.;)

·
Registered
17,246 Posts
Reaplied Borax to the Beaver Hide seat cover for her...
Kicked the front tire too,
Dennis

·
Registered
2007 VT1100C2
206 Posts
I drove my car to the storage unit where I park her in bad weather. Started and ran it for a few, gave the throttle a couple blips. It did not scratch the itch. We've got snow forecast virtually all day every day for the next week. If it holds true this will be the longest I've gone without a ride. I've been keeping up with the maintenance all winter, and with my rotor replacement and servicing of both brakes the other day, I feel like she's literally in the best shape she's been in since I've owned her. She's ready for a road trip, and I can't even take a trip down the road. Lol A single tear rolls down my cheek.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I drove my car to the storage unit where I park her in bad weather. Started and ran it for a few, gave the throttle a couple blips. It did not scratch the itch. We've got snow forecast virtually all day every day for there next week. If it holds true this will be the longest I've gone without a ride. I've been keeping up with the maintenance all winter, and with my rotor replacement and servicing of both brakes the other day, I feel like she's literally in the best shape she's been in since I've owned her. She's ready for a road trip, and I can't even take a trip down the road. Lol A single tear rolls down my cheek.
I hear ya, been raining freezing here for two straight days..and looks to be on track for another week of the same..

·
Registered
17,246 Posts
Rain has set in here too, and I lit the fire in the fireplace this morning...
I don`t mind being cold, and I don`t mind wet...

BUT Not both Cold & Wet together,
Dennis

·
Registered
2007 VT1100C2
206 Posts
Rain has set in here too, and I lit the fire in the fireplace this morning...
I don`t mind being cold, and I don`t mind wet...

BUT Not both Cold & Wet together,
Dennis
Seems like bad winter weather everywhere.

There are so few places where it stays mild all year it's a shame.

If you were to choose one extreme over the other what would you choose: Desert climate with extreme heat but no harsh winter, or climate with mild summers but harsh winters?

I sit in salt lake (where we have hot summers AND harsh winters) and look at the weather 4 hrs south in St George and I get very tempted to pack up and move there some days.

·
Registered
17,246 Posts
BUT >
To answer that question If you were to choose one extreme over the other what would you choose: Desert climate with extreme heat but no harsh winter, or climate with mild summers but harsh winters?

I like cooler weather better`n HOT!!!
I Do NOT Like sitting still on pavement when it`s 113 degrees!!!
I`ll ride in 26 degrees for hours,
Dennis

·
Registered
2001 Shadow Spirit 750
298 Posts
BUT >
To answer that question If you were to choose one extreme over the other what would you choose: Desert climate with extreme heat but no harsh winter, or climate with mild summers but harsh winters?

I like cooler weather better`n HOT!!!
I Do NOT Like sitting still on pavement when it`s 113 degrees!!!
I`ll ride in 26 degrees for hours,
Dennis
I agree with "captain D"...you can gear up for the cold but there's only so much you can do to deal with the heat

·
Registered
2007 VT1100C2
206 Posts
I agree with "captain D"...you can gear up for the cold but there's only so much you can do to deal with the heat
I've always been the same way without the bike. But I'm poor and still trying to afford heated gear, and trying to research the best gear for the best price. Need gloves and a heated vest maybe. But with that said, I can only ride in the cold if it's dry, and it just keeps on snowing and raining. Thinking about going camping in southern Utah for a few days till this current patch passes, but thinking it may be too cold to sleep outside when the temperature falls at night.

Thinking, thinking, thinking about riding... That's all I'm doing.

Today weather says is supposed to be dry but only get to 30 degrees. So it's telling me there's a chance. I'll go to storage and visit her again, and check out the roads on the way. Maybe, just maybe...

Happy Valentine's Day.

·
Registered
2001 Shadow Spirit 750
298 Posts
I've always been the same way without the bike. But I'm poor and still trying to afford heated gear, and trying to research the best gear for the best price. Need gloves and a heated vest maybe. But with that said, I can only ride in the cold if it's dry, and it just keeps on snowing and raining. Thinking about going camping in southern Utah for a few days till this current patch passes, but thinking it may be too cold to sleep outside when the temperature falls at night.

Thinking, thinking, thinking about riding... That's all I'm doing.

Today weather says is supposed to be dry but only get to 30 degrees. So it's telling me there's a chance. I'll go to storage and visit her again, and check out the roads on the way. Maybe, just maybe...

Happy Valentine's Day.
Do it, go for a ride. Even a quick 30 to 45 minute ride will make you feel better. (y) layer up and put on some old ski gloves. You don't always need to plug in. :p

·
Registered
2001 Shadow Spirit 750
298 Posts
Took my own advice, went out for about 2 hours and took a couple of pics. Valentine's day, 39th wedding anniversary and a 2 hour ride..... it's been a good day.

·
Registered
2007 VT1100C2
206 Posts
Took my own advice, went out for about 2 hours and took a couple of pics. Valentine's day, 39th wedding anniversary and a 2 hour ride..... it's been a good day.
I went out too. Only for like 30 to 40 minutes. Had to stop twice and warm my hands. By the time I got back they were killing me. But I'm glad I did. Just NEED those heated gloves. I'm thinking about heated liners to wear under my leather gauntlet gloves. They're just so bad ass, and all heated gloves I've seen look like either ski gloves, or motocross gloves.

Here they are:

And my miserable storage units:

·
Registered
2001 Shadow Spirit 750
298 Posts
I went out too. Only for like 30 to 40 minutes. Had to stop twice and warm my hands. By the time I got back they were killing me. But I'm glad I did. Just NEED those heated gloves. I'm thinking about heated liners to wear under my leather gauntlet gloves. They're just so bad ass, and all heated gloves I've seen look like either ski gloves, or motocross gloves.

Here they are:
View attachment 292354

And my miserable storage units: View attachment 292355
Nice. Now you find a way to keep your hands a bit warmer. FB MARKETPLACE has some good deals too.

17561 - 17580 of 17621 Posts