Honda Shadow Forums banner

17721 - 17740 of 17799 Posts

·
Registered
719 Posts
When I came in shortly after noon, Ann said "Fed X just dropped off your tires at the front door"...
Then at 2, I drove to town & Got my seat back from the upholsterer ...

SO, My Baby will be sportin` New stuff,
Dennis
It's always like Christmas when you get a delivery, 😊 till the bill comes 😞

·
Registered
2001 Shadow Spirit 750
424 Posts
Stopped by a West Chester Cycle shop looking for new to me handlebars. Looking to go with something like the bars from an ACE or maybe a Magna. Does anyone know how wide those bars are? Wanting to ditch the stock drag style bars Ang go with an old school style wide bar.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Got my LED lights today, I knew going in that is not a simple swap the housing deal, but I have lots of spare parts from years of motorcycles so I'm good, WELLLLL, guess I should've looked at all my spare headlight housings, not a seven inch in the bunch😞
And not wanting to destroy my very expensive one on the bike, so it's off to the auto parts stores to get a few items that I can modify, for now it's reinstall the headlight.
I'll document how I make the LED mount.

·
Registered
17,296 Posts
Pulled it out into the sunshine, then Located and repaired a few problems on Crossbow`s VTX this afternoon...
We had discussed some of these things last time we talked...

Vacuum hoses had cracks, hadda oddball sparkplug, used to leak at the petcock/tank fitting and hadda low rear tire...
I enjoyed it,
Dennis

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Riding home, I remembered why I LOVE my Windshield!
I've only ridden one bike with anything close to a shield, and that's my CBX. If I can raise my boots a little or lower the bike a little, this 'wing I am working on may widen my experience some tomorrow or the next day.. If it starts and I can get the brakes fixed.

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
I just get the chinesium knock offs they have at my local electronics shop, I can't bring myself to buy the nice expensive ones,[..] and got something that wasn't soft, put two divots in both blades, can almost use it for stripping #24 awg.
There are times when the "like" button really fails to express what you mean! :(

·
Registered
9 Posts
Stopped by a West Chester Cycle shop looking for new to me handlebars. Looking to go with something like the bars from an ACE or maybe a Magna. Does anyone know how wide those bars are? Wanting to ditch the stock drag style bars Ang go with an old school style wide bar.
This should help

·
Registered
9 Posts
Well, the original apes I ordered weren't coming in until June...:cry:. so I found a set of used Harley Street Bob bars on Facebook. Same numbers as the minis I was ordering. Only think was drilling for the controls. All cables and wires fit. No rerouting. Fired up moved bars around no issues with throttle or clutch. Bags are finalized, now just to paint.

17721 - 17740 of 17799 Posts