Honda Shadow Forums banner

18101 - 18120 of 18140 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
I picked up my painted parts and started assemballin the bike :)
I ride with the Patriot Guard Riders and fly a 3' X 5' American flag on many occasions. The upright support for the backrest and luggage rack actually broke in two on one side. I ended up ordering a new backrest, luggage rack and uprights. They came in today and I installed them today. Ready to fly my flag again !!

·
Registered
17,650 Posts
Are you planning on coming more south @Rev.manofgod ???
Americus is 2-1/2 hours down US19...
IF you`re in no hurry, we can Ride through our Historic area,
Dennis

Shoot me a PM IF you could be persuaded

·
Registered
17,650 Posts
Checked that oil leak, Yup, it`s still there :(
So I pulled the counter sprocket cover to see IF it is coming from over the waterpump...
I tightened the last ogf the tree bolts what hold it on...
We`ll see IF it still leaks now,
Dennis

I really need to keep a log of these things I do...
170,000 miles service ++++ CHECK
New chain & sprockets +++ CHECK
New Tires +++ CHECK
oil change ++++ CHECK
Lube pivot points +++ CHECK
I Kinda remember when I do things, I do them on regular basis

·
Registered
17,650 Posts
Not to my Bike BUT For Riders, Ann & I joined Dixie ABATE of Alabama today at the swapmeet...
We`re ABATE Members in Two states now,
Dennis

·
Registered
2002, Shadow Spirit 1100
1,985 Posts
I went for a little ride today before the rain. I had a few errands then I took the long way home. My waterpump is starting to squeal again so I may be looking into a replacement soon.

·
Registered
17,650 Posts
Fresh back from our ABATE Meeting in Ashburn GA...
Put a few miles on today, rode to churchtook the long way, then on to Lunch & the meeting...
Just better`n 180 miles today...
Looking out for Motorcyclists rights in our Area...
Whether you`re passing through or a resident, We Look out for YOU...

ABATE members in Two States,
Dennis

I saw 97 degrees on the handlebars thermometer

·
Registered
2001 Shadow Spirit 750
659 Posts
Made a prototype seat pad from some discarded packing foam I found at work. Wrapped it with some discarded stretchy leggings found in the rag box. Bungied it to the seat and went for a short ride to see if I want to finish it for use on long rides. Not too bad, seems like it will help. Now I need to make a proper cover for it, add some mounting straps and give it a real testing out.

·
Registered
17,650 Posts
Back when I "Chopped" my 750 - 4, My "Experimental seat was a pair of Levis folded or rolled up...
No straps,
Dennis

·
Registered
185 Posts
Took the shadow out yesterday for about an hour.. it was +40c here yesterday so I didnt want to be out too long. It's hot enough outside, but then the bike's engine added heat to my leg. Was nice to get out!
Considered riding to work today but the 90f+ told me not yet, school is still in and there's back ups where you just sit in the sun while the engine pumps out that heat. It's not like you're siting there in shorts and flip flops...although I did see some riders/passengers like that over the weekend

·
Registered
185 Posts
Made a prototype seat pad from some discarded packing foam I found at work. Wrapped it with some discarded stretchy leggings found in the rag box. Bungied it to the seat and went for a short ride to see if I want to finish it for use on long rides. Not too bad, seems like it will help. Now I need to make a proper cover for it, add some mounting straps and give it a real testing out.
It's cool that you have the talent/skill to do this, hope you post a pic or two when ready

·
Registered
17,650 Posts
Considered riding to work today but the 90f+ told me not yet, school is still in and there's back ups where you just sit in the sun while the engine pumps out that heat. It's not like you're siting there in shorts and flip flops...although I did see some riders/passengers like that over the weekend
Riding not too long ago, I was reminded why I wear my chaps...
That engine heat you`re disCUSSing works its way through my Levis...
I`ve had folks ask, Ain`t it hot in that leather?
I tell them it`s HOTTER without it...
Yeah I wear it, (to keep cool)
Dennis

Think about it next time you`re sitting in that baking sun beating down on your Levis and bare arms + THAT`S why I wear long sleeve shirt and chaps => to ward off that SUN
My next Chaps purchase will be a light color

·
Registered
185 Posts
Think about it next time you`re sitting in that baking sun beating down on your Levis and bare arms + THAT`S why I wear long sleeve shirt and chaps => to ward off that SUN
My next Chaps purchase will be a light color
Jeans yes, short sleeve shirt not so much. Usually my textile or leather jacket, or long sleeve T. You can always push the sleeves up if needed ;)

·
Registered
17,650 Posts
Jeans yes, short sleeve shirt not so much. Usually my textile or leather jacket, or long sleeve T. You can always push the sleeves up if needed ;)
Definitely NOT in the heat of the day & Very seldom do I ride in short sleeves, my Long Sleeves protect my OLD Skin from that nasty Sun and its ultraviolet rays...
AND the chaps from the heat,
Dennis

It is MY responsibility to watch out for ME

18101 - 18120 of 18140 Posts