Honda Shadow Forums banner

What did you do to your bike today?

2M views 22K replies 1K participants last post by  Buckskin Bandit 
#1 · (Edited)
I picked up my painted parts and started assemballin the bike :)

#18,344 ·
#18,345 ·
F I N A L L Y. A new experience in pains in the a$$. Otherwise my motor should be here tomorrow. I hope putting the new engine in will go better. And in case you are wondering there is no easy button on this endeavor.
Charlie

Attachments

#18,349 ·
I pulled the tank off, which I was hesitant about, but it wasn't bad at all, so I could run some wires from my battery area up to the handle bars for my phone mount/charger.

Spent a little time messing with the speedometer because it felt like I couldn't get it to sit evenly, or 'pop' back into place on the tank, but I got it.

Debating on whether to finish hooking it up today as I plan on washing the bike tomorrow.

#18,353 ·
Good Tires are of utmost importance!!!
Yes they are!!
Nothing yet today have I done, BUT here directly I`m going Riding whilst the sun is in my favor...

Rainy days are upon us,
Dennis

Gotta Ride when we can

#18,354 ·
All I did to it today was ride it to work (~28 miles). That's one of the things I like about this bike, it doesn't ask for a lot. Weekends I check it over thoroughly (oil, coolant, air pressure, etc.); during the week it just gets a visual check before I get on.

I have Shinko 777s front and rear, they were on the bike and fairly new when I got it. So far I'm satisfied with their performance in a variety of conditions. Can't speak for longevity yet, but they appear to be holding up ok.

#18,360 ·
"Sticking" with the Shinko 230's ( see what I did there....sticking...??? ) They work great for me wet, dry, snowy, all year long. Never felt a slip. I run a Shinko 712 up front. Same reason. :p
I like the Shinko 230's. I have them on 2 bikes. I know I don't need them but I got the V-rated for the Spirit. I figured it's a little over-tired.