Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 20 of 132 Posts

·
Registered
1995 VT1100C2
3,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The thread "What did you do to your bike today" has almost 13,000 replies. Wow. BUT... it has 461,000 views. I thought about those 448 thousand viewers that did not reply: we looked, but did nothing. Are we slackers for doing nothing? Maybe. Have we been left out? Yes!!

Calling all "slackers" out there to contribute. Here's things I did NOT DO (to my bike today):

1. Every year, I read all the posts about better lighting but I still have the original.

2. Not quite as often, I read the posts about horns. Once every year I check mine and it still goes "meep". If it stopped going "meep" I'm not sure what I would do. Probably nothing.

3. My seat seems OK. If I changed it, it might be worse.

4. My bikes are in storage for the winter. I have not removed the battery, I have not lifted the frame. I have not drained carbs. Hope is OK, isn't it?

What did you NOT DO to your bike today??

G.

·
Premium Member
1,144 Posts
I didn't even look at it . Or the battery tender. Truth. My wife wants to know if I have a fever. LOL !

·
Registered
2001 Valkyrie I/S
5,718 Posts
I didn't by that nice trany chrome trim I've been looking at, truthfully it's been to cold to even linger in the garage long enough to look the bikes over although last time I looked I did have a small layer of dust on them.

·
Registered
730 Posts
The thread "What did you do to your bike today" has almost 13,000 replies. Wow. BUT... it has 461,000 views. I thought about those 448 thousand viewers that did not reply: we looked, but did nothing. Are we slackers for doing nothing? Maybe. Have we been left out? Yes!!

Calling all "slackers" out there to contribute. Here's things I did NOT DO (to my bike today):

1. Every year, I read all the posts about better lighting but I still have the original.

2. Not quite as often, I read the posts about horns. Once every year I check mine and it still goes "meep". If it stopped going "meep" I'm not sure what I would do. Probably nothing.

3. My seat seems OK. If I changed it, it might be worse.

4. My bikes are in storage for the winter. I have not removed the battery, I have not lifted the frame. I have not drained carbs. Hope is OK, isn't it?

What did you NOT DO to your bike today??

G.
If I posted every time I did some thing. You guys would get tired of me quick. :grin2: I have not done any thing yet today. I didn't start on making my wheel tubeless or pull the triple tree. I am a slacker too

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
I still need to swap out the shocks and get a fork brace. But, since the bike is parked for winter, I can slack off for a bit longer.

·
Premium Member
3,352 Posts
not a daym thing.
Again today.

~Gnarly

Brer Bill says Infancy was so much fun, he is now looking forward to Adultery.

·
Registered
2017 Indian Roadmaster
983 Posts
I haven't installed my new, longer, braided steel throttle and clutch cables yet because a) too much snow here in VA over the last few days and I have no garage, and b) I am still recovering from my crash and don't have enough use of my right arm yet.

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
I didn't do a damn thing to any of my bikes but I did tell my son to go out and kick over the 2-stroke KX and ride it around for a bit to "run some fuel through it". When he got back and looked almost thawed out I sent him back out to crank up all the battery start 4-strokes to "keep the batteries from draining". When he was done with that I watched him roll the Honda in to the shop and put it on the trickle charger as the battery was dead. I felt pretty good about my efforts and rewarded myself with a beer.

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
I think this weekend if I'm feeling I won't go out and knock the mud and dirt off from my last ride. if I'm feeling extra motivated I won't bother removing the one good bark buster left on my KLX after I twisted the other side like a pretzel. Bike seems to ride just fine with only one. My son won't be home so I can't assign the duties either.

·
Premium Member
1,144 Posts
I didn't do a damn thing to any of my bikes but I did tell my son to go out and kick over the 2-stroke KX and ride it around for a bit to "run some fuel through it". When he got back and looked almost thawed out I sent him back out to crank up all the battery start 4-strokes to "keep the batteries from draining". When he was done with that I watched him roll the Honda in to the shop and put it on the trickle charger as the battery was dead. I felt pretty good about my efforts and rewarded myself with a beer.

LOL ! I wonder if that is why my kids don't come around any more ? >:)

·
Registered
1995 VT1100C2
3,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
So far so good: we are well on our way to 13,000 don't do it posts!

Here's another non-activity from me:

Sept 12th my VT1100C2 went into hibernation. Dec 10th I started the winter oil change. Started. Did NOT finish. The oil drain plug is still out. So that's about 30 days of oil draining. Probably done. Next up is take off the filter. I don't want to rush into it so ... February?

G.

1 - 20 of 132 Posts