Honda Shadow Forums banner

What fuel tanks will fit on a 97 VT600C?

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  CDUB 
#1 ·
I recently picked up a neglected 97 VT600C with the hopes of getting it back on the road. It actually runs great, but it needs a new tank. The one on it has rusted badly in the rear with a hole about 1 1/2 inches in diameter with a few other smaller holes. It's pretty bad rust and the previous owner attempted to repair (maybe with putty, not sure?) but made a big mess. Unless there is some miracle way to repair this tank I'm now left to try to figure out what other tanks will fit as a suitable replacement. I've been searching ebay etc... but I'm not sure what tanks from other years and/or other models will work on this bike. I'm really eager to see what answers I'll get. Thanks for any help or suggestions you can give me!

#3 ·
I had success with a local car tank repair garage that welded the hole in the tank from my Nighthawk and then lined the tanl. No more issues and about $100.00.

Without starting a new thread, any direction on what tank will fit on a 86 VT700C?

Thanks!

#4 ·
If the OP is still looking for suggestions, I've seen VLX's done up with Spirit 750 tanks that have the speedo in the tank, but it takes some extra work to hook up and integrate the speedo. A Magna 750 tank will work as well I believe. Both will provide a longer fuel range due to their larger size.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.