Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
503 Posts
I tried all the following:
Gloves: I tried super thickgloves designed for snow mobiling: hands got cold...., I tried a set of waterproof (not) and wind proof (not) outer gloves over a thinsulate inner: hands got cold. I even (I am not kidding) tried to put bread bags over that combo to keep the wind off: Hands got cold. I tried a set of handlebar mounted wind deflectors. Useless for keeping hands warm, but left them on as they do deflect rocks.
Getting tried of cold hands I decided to try a set of electric gloves. I ordered a set off Wish. Beautifully made gloves with large batteries installed in zippered pockets on the back. Lasted several hours per charge and got HOT! Very first ride: Hands got cold... Why? The stupid things were NOT windproof. They were too small anyway so gave those to the wife. She loves them!

So finally I did what I should have done in the first place: Installed a set of Oxford heated grips. Went back to wearing my slightly insulated, none windproof riding gloves.
Result? WARM HANDS! I rode 44 miles to work this morning, and it was 24 degrees. Hands were warm as toast! They have 5 settings and I was on setting 4. At times I would have to remove my hands from the grips as they were getting too hot! Only my thumbs get a little chilly and just placing them on the grips for a few seconds warms them up. Toes got a little cold toward the end of the ride.

Core was fine. I do have a windshield. My clothing is as follows: I had on a long sleeve shirt, a thick fleece hoody, my Olympia riding jacket with insulated thermal liner, and finally the Olympia rain/wind jacket. Pants were a set of fleece lined riding khakis and over that the Olympia padded riding pants. Engineer boots with a single pair of socks. (Which is why my toes got cold...)

The Shadow 750 electrical system has no trouble running the grips, but in all fairness I do have every light except the OEM driving lights converted to LED.

· Registered
503 Posts
My 2007 Shadow Aero has 1" handle bars, so I ordered these:
They make several models, including for bikes with 7/8", bars so check your bar size before ordering!

I got mine on sale for $99.95 back in 2019. They are now at $139.99

1 - 2 of 2 Posts