Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, not looking for an ATGATT vs Skins argument here, just interested to see the different styles of jackets that people are wearing.

Mine's an Alpinestars ATL leather jacket. Perforated up the sleeve, across the chest and back. Nice for warmer weather as it vents pretty well. Can be a little chilly in the spring! Picked this one because I've liked Astars since my dirtbike days, and it was the least rocket-esque jacket they had.

·
Registered
758 Posts
No leather. Cold in the winter, and non-breathable in the summer. All textile weave with some armor, removable layers. In the summer, with the right model the air moves right through (though I confess to going jacketless above low 90s) and in winter you can pile on the layers under the windblock. And you can get higher-viz colors.

To me, leather is fashionably cool but overrated. I have two leather jackets, but they are not for the bike.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hahaha Glockster... that's funny. I'm dealing with 90 degree weather, tops

·
Registered
296 Posts
Mostly this one. I have a few leather ones as well.

·
Registered
403 Posts
if it's over 80 i dont wear a jacket unless i'm on a long ride.
like this one only all black

under 80 i'll wear that one....under 65 i wear a leather.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Here is my jacket. It is full leather, liner, the skull graphics are all reflective stitching. Also has shoulder and elbow armor. It's kinda heavy and a tad hot in the summer now but I feel safe in it:

·
Registered
434 Posts
Cortech GX Air 2...

Like this one:

Without the liners it's completely open mesh everywhere there isn't armor or padding. Warmer than a t-shirt sitting still, but much cooler than you would think at road speed. Comes with a quilted/insulated liner and an wind breaker/rain liner that all zipper together. VERY versatile. Honestly, quality could be a little better (stitching in some spots is a little rough for instance), but overall I'm happy with it.

I just saw it advertised for $149.00 at Revzilla which is a KILLER deal for this jacket imo. I'm not even gonna say what I paid for mine.

here is a link to that one:

Cortech GX Air Series 2 Jacket - RevZilla

After wearing leather and t-shirts all my life up to last year when I bought this jacket, I will say I'd probably stick with this type of jacket from now on. For $150 you can try one without losing an arm and a leg...

Now, if I had the cash and could get a second jacket, I would like to get a classic leather jacket from Fox Creek Leather like this:

for cooler weather. But that's a $400 jacket :mrgreen:

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
i've got two vintage jackets from the late 70's. i've got a black hein gericke v-pilot and a brown hein gericke. both have vents and a removable inside liner. i love my jackets, they just seem like they are made better than the leather jackets made today.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
I typically wear a hoodie if it's below 75. If it's over 75 it's a Tshirt.

I will worry about body protection if I ever lay the bike down.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have two main jackets both from Rubber Side Down

Leather

It is called 'Retro' it comes with full CE padding and is vented

And Cloth

Challenger also vented with full CE Dual Density Armor

Also in the past year I have lost 40 lbs so I have alot of 'fashion' leather jacket that are to big so I picked up one of these to wear under thos jackets

So now the jackets fit again

·
Registered
103 Posts
i wear a tourmaster sonora jacket and joe rocket mesh pants in summer
see my sig pix (with jeans instead of the rockets, because that was a one day sight seeing in SF

in winter it is a honda endurance jacket and a tourmaster with quilted inners

ride safe
harry

1 - 20 of 38 Posts