Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and I are big people... I currently have two honda shadows aces but she doesn't have a license to drive and is afraid of trying. We've only rode maybe 4 miles on my shadows. She always feels like she's going to fall off and neither of us are really comfortable. Last year we went to Tennessee and did rent a Harley Trike. It was ok, however it was also pretty small and not the most comfortable ride. Do they make some kind of seat extensions that would give us an extra two or three inches? I'm not picky on brand. Would actually prefer something other than a Harley to save a few bucks. Any suggestions would be awesome!

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
My wife and I are thinking about getting one of these in a year or two.
This one we looked at is a 1996 Goldwing with a Roadsmith trike kit. It's pretty large and We really like it but it will be a couple of years down the road yet

·
Registered
4,833 Posts
If you are determined to go trike I second the Spyder suggestion. It was designed from the get-go as a three-wheeler, and not a *******ized two-wheeler with the stability problems inherent in that design.

Alternatively, since you already have two Shadows you might think about linking them together with some braces to make a type of quad. You could rig up a system that operates both throttles from a single control, and brakes as well. A brace linking the handlebars would also allow the rig to steer in tandem.

(I started typing this last para as a joke, but now that I think about it the idea is not completely nuts. I wonder if anyone has tried it.)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.