Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So there was a local Harley Dealer that lost his Harley license for some supposide crooked business. Of course I need to go take a look at this shop now because I heard it's gone south quick...plus I was looking for a deal on some stuff.... ANYWAY....

88 Shadow VT1100. What kind of pipes are these? They look pretty slick!

BTW, bike was in pretty good shape...all stock except grips, mirrors and pipes... 32k... he wanted 3700!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
6,153 Posts
An 88 1100 with 32,000 miles for $3700 sounds a little steep to me. Bike looks clean but still, that sounds $500 - $1,000 heavy on the price. I can find 2000 - 2003 VTX 1300's here for that kind of money.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Those do look pretty nice. I have no idea what they are though. Maybe Roadburner Street Pro's that someone cut the slashes on? Bike looks in great shape, but someone is dreaming if they think they're getting $3700 out of it.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, this guy is something else.

I test drove and almost bought an 06 nightrod back in 2009. It was new with 50 miles on it, but an 06. He wanted something insane like 16k. I was young and dumb and almost traded my 2005 Kawasaki z1000 in (he was giving me a good amount for it). I backed out at the last minute. Went to my wife's home town Harley dealer...2009 vrod with more accessories on it...14k. whew, close one. All he would throw in for me too was 1/2 off a crappy little sissy bar.

Did the frame and neckplates come colored like that on some, or is that custom?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts