Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings from Down Under.

Recently purchased a 2004 Shadow VT750C which is a fantastic bike for me.

Sorry if this is a dumb question,but is mine a Spirit, ACE or Aero, and what is the difference??

Also, whats different between a C and a DC?

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Not a stupid question at all. The spirit is closely modeled after a Harley model and is closest of the three. The ACE (American Classic edition) is very retro and looks much different. I have no idea of the aero other then it is yet again a different look. I think that all of them have slightly different mechanicals. This of course may all be different down under. When I went to the university of Australia in Canberra, I checked around and found that the V65 magna was not available down under so that is what I imported. I drove it for 4 years, not to much mileage, but actually sold it for slightly more then I bought it for. My advise is to check our the members gallery, it has some great pics and at least cosmetically, you will see the difference. I will defer the mechanical difference to someone with more accurate info.I note you are in Sydney, I worked for David Jones and they sent me to Homebush each summer to train in their distribution, I love the city.

Good bike regardless of model, no worries mate :D

Cheers

·
Registered
236 Posts
The 2004 VT750C is a Shadow Aero 750 (new model in 2004). It is a shaft drive, spoked wheels, large fenders.

The VT750CD (1998-2003) is the Shadow 750 ACE Deluxe. It is a chain drive, spoked wheels, large fenders.

Honda did make a Shadow Aero 1100 - VT1100C3 (1998-2002).

You can find a list of many Honda model numbers / model names at: http://www.rifle.com/Motorcycle/Honda/srchbike.cfm?&DID=9&MakeNo=1&Make=Honda

Jim
2001 Spirit 1100

1 - 8 of 8 Posts