Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I took the saddle bags off my 2000 Honda Shadow ACE 750, and want to replace the extra-long rusty ones that held the bracket in place.

I'm having a hard time finding anything on the interwebs here to tell me the right size to get.

I'm looking for the chrome flange bolts that bolt the fender to the rails.
There's six of them (the rear two hold on the sissy bar), I only need the two frontmost and two rearmost (but will buy all six if necessary).

(I think the spirit 1100 uses 70x10mm and 60x8mm - but I don't know if its the same for the ace).

Thanks to anyone who can help me out with this!

·
Registered
12,291 Posts
Check the post I replied to in the "wanted" board. I have them, actually, have them off both my old ACE and my current Aero. If you can tell me the sizes and threads, they are yours.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
markspike said:
Check the post I replied to in the "wanted" board. I have them, actually, have them off both my old ACE and my current Aero. If you can tell me the sizes and threads, they are yours.
Ok, ok, so that was easy enough, once you pointed me to bikebandit.com (great resource, btw, thanks). But I really did search for every combination of honda shadow fender bolts diagram and every other related term I could think of for quite some time - found lots of sites wanting to sell me stuff, but few with actual information.

So I need 8x30 and 10x20 bolts (8x35's I have).
Should be easy enough to find at Home Depot or somesuch.

The thing I didn't find was the thread pitch/size. I'll take the old bolts with me for comparison.

If I strikeout locally, I'll PM you about getting yours.

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
12,291 Posts
jolo said:
markspike said:
Ok, ok, so that was easy enough, once you pointed me to bikebandit.com (great resource, btw, thanks). But I really did search for every combination of honda shadow fender bolts diagram and every other related term I could think of for quite some time - found lots of sites wanting to sell me stuff, but few with actual information.

So I need 8x30 and 10x20 bolts (8x35's I have).
Should be easy enough to find at Home Depot or somesuch.

The thing I didn't find was the thread pitch/size. I'll take the old bolts with me for comparison.

If I strikeout locally, I'll PM you about getting yours.

Thanks for your help.
Your Quite Welcome! :wink:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey man I could really use those bolts for my 02 shadow 750 ace if you still have them?

·
Registered
1983 Honda vt750 Shadow
14,943 Posts
10 year old thread probably is a dead end.

·
Premium Member
1999 Shadow 750 ACE VT750CD3 Modified
3,141 Posts
Hey man I could really use those bolts for my 02 shadow 750 ace if you still have them?
I would not hold your breath for that one, it has also been 8 years since @markspike was here. (-;

The parts are still available from the Honda warehouse: one OEM supplier as an example: Honda Motorcycle 2000 OEM Parts Diagram for REAR FENDER | Partzilla.com

The parts listing also gives a size and length for the bolts, so you may be able to find something that will work in regular metric bolts at a hardware store.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts