Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

· Banned
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went twenty (20) years!

It was in between owning my 1979 Kawasaki KZ650 in 1981 and my 2002 Honda Nighthawk 750 in 2001. I was shocked that my hands (especially my right) would get numb riding, whereas 20 years earlier that did not happen.

· Registered
353 Posts
2002 Honda Nighthawk 750 ...Yea! I had a 95 and I really liked it. I looked for a while for one in the 2000'sands but to no avail.

Are you asking this in the sense of "what's the longest you rode a particular bike?"? I got my first in 2008 (the Nighthawk), then the Phantom in 2013. So the math comes out to....hmm...sin(cos(func(3^32))).....yea..5 years.

· Registered
228 Posts
35 years here, from '75 to '10. Got an '09 Honda VT750 Shadow Spirit in '10. Prior to that the last was a '71 Honda CB 750K1.
And before that: 305 Honda Dream, Honda CB450 and a BSA 650 Lightning. I'm old.

· Premium Member
7,220 Posts
I got my first dirt bike at age 14 and Motorcycle at age 16. I got my second motorcycle at age 17 and them the Third and current at around age 22. I have had the Ace now for over twelve years now which is the longest for having the same bike. Perhaps at 40 or 45 I will upgrade to something else.

Time without a bike was around 1 1/2 years before the Ace.

· Registered
5,811 Posts
Well, lets see.

For the first 8 years of my life I didn't have a motorcycle, then for the next 42 years i always had at least one. Then I sold four of them that I had, so I could pay cash for the Venture I wanted.

I bought the Venture just before I sold the Spirit, but couldn't pick up it up for 13 days after I bought it, technically even though I owned it, I didn't have it in my possession. I've owned the Venture (and some others) for four years. So, since I started riding/owning scooters to now it been .....13 days in between motorcycles.

It was the longest 13 days of my life...

· Registered
2,912 Posts
I sold my Kawasaki KH400 triple in 1985 and bought my Spirit in 2012, so 27 and a half years.

· Registered
1,329 Posts
Since I hopped on a road motorcycle, I've always had one. Hopefully always will, I really enjoy my two wheeled commuting over my truck.

· Registered
3,130 Posts
I went without a road bikes for near 20 years..... but had a few dirt bikes in that time (not road registered, just dirt and back road gravel use) so probably only a couple of years without riding at all :)

· Registered
323 Posts
Sold my last Honda 22 years ago when my youngest was born. Now that I have my new Moobs this year, I'm riding again finally and lovin it!! Wish I would never have laid off all that time. But with three boys at the time, it was real tight in the military.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.