Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2015 Shadow Aero, 1972 Triumph 650 Tiger
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't received any emails as to where to go for password reset. Then I receive something to "confirm account". What's with this website??????

·
Premium Member
7,428 Posts
You're obviously in. I'd not click on anything strange until you hear from an admin. Have you posted your email anywhere here?

·
Administrator
1997 Valkyrie Standard
10,828 Posts
As far as I know, this is part of the account password verification process. I get this message approximately monthly

Spiritman,

To complete the login to your account (or to complete two-step verification setup) at Honda Shadow Forums, you must enter the following code:

XXXXXXXXX - (I've obviously redacted the actual code)
This code is valid for 15 minutes.

The login was requested via the IP xxx.xxxx.xxx. (redacted my IP) If you did not initiate this request, you should change your password urgently.

This is part of a two-step security process for this site. It has been in place for many months now. I will admit it is a bit of a pain but once done it buys me 4-6 weeks before having to do it again.

I am uncertain if this the process you are referring to

·
Premium Member
2015 Shadow Aero, 1972 Triumph 650 Tiger
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
All that i receive is a "reconfirm account" request and no password reset from this website:

tjkoko, for security reasons, we need to re-confirm your account to complete your login to Honda Shadow Forums using Facebook.

If you did not perform this action or recently log in, please contact us from our Contact Us page.

·
Registered
1983 Honda vt750 Shadow
13,839 Posts
I never have seen that or just ignored it maybe. I use Facebook a little but I hate it that it always wants to connect with anything you are doing on the net. Too invasive. If I am on a motorcycle forum, Facebook doesn't need to be included.

Just my rant." I think Facebook is from the Devil". 😲

·
Administrator
1997 Valkyrie Standard
10,828 Posts
All that i receive is a "reconfirm account" request and no password reset from this website:

tjkoko, for security reasons, we need to re-confirm your account to complete your login to Honda Shadow Forums using Facebook.

If you did not perform this action or recently log in, please contact us from our Contact Us page.
That is the initial account verification process that starts the future two-step verification process I referenced earlier. However the two-step verification process may just be for moderators if you are unsure or wary of it by all means use the contact us page for clarification.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts