Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, it's that time of year! DAYTONA!
I was there for biketoberfest and spent some time doing test rides. What a great time.
This year I want to make a point and test ride the VTX1300 Vs the Star 1300. Also want to test a m109 just for S&Gs.
What bikes would you folks test ride?

·
Registered
209 Posts
Nighthawk said:
Hey all, it's that time of year! DAYTONA!
I was there for biketoberfest and spent some time doing test rides. What a great time.
This year I want to make a point and test ride the VTX1300 Vs the Star 1300. Also want to test a m109 just for S&Gs.
What bikes would you folks test ride?
BMW K1200LT.

·
Registered
7,345 Posts
A Wing and a RoadKing

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
V-ROD.... Been drooling ever since I saw the "Blade", blacked out version (Night Rod?).... and then after seeing the special the other week on t.v. about the Harley production plan, and seeing them make the V-Rods-- I've been jonesing something bad to ride one.

Did sit (not ride) on a ST1300 yesterday at the Honda Shop.... no luck-- too heavy, too tall even at lowest setting. Lord I hate having short legs.

Again-- can't anyone design a sports tourer for us vertically challenged?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Lets see....hmmmmm
Honda:
Interceptor VFR
Wing
Yamaha:
FZ1
FZ6
Kawasaki:
KLR650
Suzuki:
GXS-R 750
BMW:
All the K1200 series
Ducati:
Desmosedici V4
1098 Superbike
Then there's all the dirt bikes. :D

That would keep me busy for a while.

·
Registered
7,345 Posts
Grampa said:
Lets see....hmmmmm
Honda:
Interceptor VFR
Wing
Yamaha:
FZ1
FZ6
Kawasaki:
KLR650
Suzuki:
GXS-R 750
BMW:
All the K1200 series
Ducati:
Desmosedici V4
1098 Superbike
Then there's all the dirt bikes. :D

That would keep me busy for a while.
Grandpa, are we ever going to get you back on a cruiser? :lol:

·
Registered
156 Posts
Paulie said:
Maybe if the forward controls weren't so......forward. :) I know, I know there are some that do a better job at this than others, ie Valkyrie (especially this one: http://www.valkyrieriders.com/justpics/cool100.jpg
http://www.valkyrieriders.com/justpics/cool101.jpg ) 8)
To be honest, I would test ride anything. The more the better & I think everyone should try a new ride experience often. I'd love to try out your Strat Paulie. :lol:

·
Registered
7,345 Posts
Grampa said:
Paulie said:
Maybe if the forward controls weren't so......forward. :) I know, I know there are some that do a better job at this than others, ie Valkyrie (especially this one: http://www.valkyrieriders.com/justpics/cool100.jpg
http://www.valkyrieriders.com/justpics/cool101.jpg ) 8)
To be honest, I would test ride anything. The more the better & I think everyone should try a new ride experience often. I'd love to try out your Strat Paulie. :lol:
Come on down!

·
Registered
156 Posts
cbjr0256 said:
V-Strom 1000

KTM 990

BMW 1200 GS Adventure
Man how could I have forgotten the KTM 990, now there's a "do it all" bike.
I sat on that BMW at the Bike show Chuck & I could barely touch the ground. You're prolly the right height for it...what are you about 7'. :lol:

Paulie said:
Come on down!
I'll be right over. :lol:

·
Registered
26 Posts
ok my list is as follows:

wing
v-strom 1000
fjr
st1300
v-rod
v-max
m109
k1200rt
klr650
warrior

not in any order :D

going to the Motorcycle show in 2 weeks and i will be able to sit but no riding :( my list might change after i return

·
Registered
119 Posts
I've grown quite accustomed to my BMW R1100 GS, so I guess I'd try the latest model (R1200 GS Adv). But that new HP2 model looks pretty sweet - gas tank's a bit small though.

I'd also be interested in trying the K1200R just to say I did it, or else maybe a Ducati 996. But, I'd probably wind up with a GS.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts