Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having never sold a motorcycle before, I want to ask for some help. My bike is a 1998 Shadow ACEt. I'm not quite sure if I'll be able to recover any of these costs: Brand New Corbin Dual Touring Seat with Backrest, Brand New Saddle Bags and New Vance & Hines Exhaust. It has less the 10K on miles on it. I want to buy an Intruder 1500LC that a buddy of mine is selling. The bike is in good condition.

Can anyone help me out with what you think I can get for this bike? (I'm in San Jose, CA if that makes a difference)

Thanks!

·
Registered
4,689 Posts
Figure on recouping only a small portion spent on the extras you have added. Actually pipes may swing to the negative side.

You would probably do better to put back to stock as much as you can and sell the extras out-right.

Figure it this way. Noobs won't want to pay for the extras because they don't realize the value.

Informed buyers will be leery of engines that have been modified but may appreciate some of the extras.

Really informed buyers who can ask the right questions about the motor modifications, and know the value of the extras are not buying entry level cruisers.

·
Registered
658 Posts
What cbjr said. When I sold my Aero, I was able to recoup about $300 IIRC for my Corbin DT. If you still have the stock seat, throw it back on and sell the DT outright. The pipes may be more of a PITA than it's worth - especially if you had to rejet.

If you didn't keep your original seat - live and learn. Don't discard/sell it next time.

·
Registered
236 Posts
OR,

I have an ACE 1100 (98 ) also. I keep track of "market value" for it through cycle trader & ebay. I have mustang, shield, v&H, lightbar, bags, ext, but as was said before they will make only a nominal increase in the value. Based on what I have seen, I would be really happy to get $4,500 for it and think that anything over $4,000 would be fair. That is IF I were to sell it. However, I LOVES me a bike that is paid for, so I aint parting with it anytime soon.

King

·
Registered
76 Posts
selling bike

Oak Rider:
if your gonna put the original pipes on your bike....send me a message. id'would be interested in about buying those V&H cruziers
As long as your ACe is a 750

I bought my ACE off ebay...paid $3100 has 6000 miles
Almost all stock except for mirrors and tail light cover

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.