Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was riding to work today on a stretch of highway where I am looking directly into the rising sun so it is difficult at best to see much of anything.

As I rode along I started noticing a very bad smell that just didn't go away. It took me a bit to realize the truck that was in front of me was carrying port-a-potties and brother they were ripe! So I gunned it and passed him but even after getting around him that smell took a minute to go away even with the face shield raised.

That's why I love riding my bike, never a dull moment!

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
I ride through chicken and pig farms on my way to work. Man, those two and turkeys are the worst smelling things.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Several yrs ago, riding in my cage behind a tractor trailer, getting liquid on my windshield, finally realized what was going on - a parts truck from a chicken factory - a trailer load of chicken part throw away that was spewing chicken juice all over my car - GROSS!

·
Registered
103 Posts
When I first started riding, I was verily noticing all the smells that riding in the cage shield you from. I was going through a nearby neighborhood, and smelled just the best bar-b-que I could imagine...big grin on face...
The next day I landed right behind a very long half round dump truck that had just come from a rodeo ground, wasn't hard to guess what he was hauling either. The traffic around me was just right to keep me from being able to pass, and it was a couple of miles before I could get away.
Aah, them are some of the joys of riding. Ride on...

·
Registered
369 Posts
I battle cattle haulers in my area. Not fun.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Just blame it on the dog. :grin:

All seriousness aside, though....

When I first started riding, I was verily noticing all the smells that riding in the cage shield you from. I was going through a nearby neighborhood, and smelled just the best bar-b-que I could imagine...big grin on face...
I remember the same from when I first started riding.
The traveling experience was just so much better on two wheels than in a cage. The fresh cut lawns, the cooking food, the open air...

...the exhaust, manure (known around here as "country perfume." Well, you gotta take the unpleasant along with the pleasant. :wink:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.