Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
8,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am bored so am going to start a new thread.

We all dream, admire, look, think and consider buying another bike. Some of us are very tame in our wants and needs while others shoot for the stars. I am now curious to know what your answer would be under the following conditions.

You run into a very wealthy guy at a local restaurant and the conversation turns to bikes. This guy likes your attitude towards life and is feeling generous and makes you this offer.

" Pick out any motorcycle you want for under $ 30 K and
I will buy it for you ".

What would your choice be ?

As for myself, I really do not know what I would want. A fully chromed VTX 1800 ? A Strato ? A fully loaded and dressed out Road King ? It would be a dang tough decision.

Chris

·
Registered
4,689 Posts
Ok but change the scenario to a very wealthy lady - cuz you know there is always a "catch".

BMW 1200-GS Adventure - with ABS, luggage, and GPS (that should about burn up $30k).

·
Registered
224 Posts
I would go with a Gold Wing. But I would also keep my Shadow.

When I retire, June of 07 is the earliest, but most likely sometime in 09, I plan on getting a Wing. I hope to see alot of the US on a bike.

Where can I meet this guy Christopher? Are YOU the guy?

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Mmm, $30 thousand. :roll: That doesn't cover the cost for the turbine powered motorcycle....one like Jay Leno has or the V-10 Tomahawk from Chrysler............................this is getting hard. :shock: :lol: :lol:

More than likely..... 2 new Shadow's in crates and the rest in cash for "gas money". :wink:

Bullzeyet

·
Registered
7,345 Posts
I got mine, the old bag can keep her money. Maybe she can spend it one dollar at a time in Chippendales. :lol:

·
Registered
8,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Dick_04Shadow said:
I

Where can I meet this guy Christopher? Are YOU the guy?
LOL....... I am so broke I can't pay attention. :) Seriously though if I did have millions I think it would be fun to find someone a few times a year that is truly a good person but had some hardships and who had a dream of owning a motorcycle and deliver one to their doorstep.

I have always felt that its not how much money you have, its what you do with it.

Chris

P.S. Good luck on your quest towards retirement. It's a great time and life is short so don't wait to long.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Fantasy

Fantasy questions are .... well, fantasy. A better question for the riders is what are you really going to do considering your time, finances and desire. Wanting something is one thing, doing it is another. Some will move on to another bike, others will take a break, other will hang it up. Where the rubber meets the road, what is your decision? We made ours last year and haven't looked back.

·
Banned
4,110 Posts
Christopher said:

We all dream, admire, look, think and consider buying another bike. Some of us are very tame in our wants and needs while others shoot for the stars. I am now curious to know what your answer would be under the following conditions.

You run into a very wealthy guy at a local restaurant and the conversation turns to bikes. This guy likes your attitude towards life and is feeling generous and makes you this offer.

I will buy it for you ".

As for myself, I really do not know what I would want. A fully chromed VTX 1800 ? A Strato ? A fully loaded and dressed out Road King ? It would be a dang tough decision.

Chris
That's easy. I've already got my FJR.

I'd like to add the Yamaha TW200 Enduro (Dual Sport) for a mere $3800.

·
Registered
3,303 Posts

I will buy it for you ".

Chris
I'd take either of the following:

A BMW R75 Sidecar rig
A '57 Triumph TRW500
or that Eco rider thing that I posted earlier.

Any of the above would make me more than happy, and the guy could keep $26,000 for himself.

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
When you are wanting for another bike, the one you have has lots of faults and short comings. When you get that other bike, soon you start wanting for another and the cycle repeats itself.

I'm very happy with the bikes I have. When one of them breaks to the point where it's not worth fixing, I'll think about replacing it. Until then, I think I'd pass on the offer.

Happy Trails!

sanoke

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
triumph rocket III tourer,
sat one last week and as a 6'6" guy, this seemed like the only production cruiser (ish) bike that 'felt' good with out having to think about mods. before even getting it !!...
...besides, its 1/2 the price of the victory so I can use the extra money for chrome goodies and cool paint. 8)

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.