Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Quite "notable"/Beautiful/No real difference/$100.00(cl)/30 minutes.

Stock "old model" HK's.

·
Registered
4,827 Posts
Just me 2 cents...
I tried a Jardine system on mine, which I found to be too loud and annoying. I've heard Vance & Hines Cruisers on 1100s and they sounded better, but still too loud for my taste. I wanted some thing that let out the low rumble but not wake up the neighborhood when I took off in the early morning rides.
I have since went back to the stock mufflers with the baffles removed (holesaw mod) with the cross-over tube blocked off which is just about perfect. And since I switched the air filter to a Unifoam filter, I re-jetted with a stage on kits. I did not gain much peformance, just the deeper sounding exhaust.
With most after market exhaust systems, you won't need to rejet unless you change to a different air filter, but you will need to open the air mixture screws a little to prevent running too lean. Also you will not have any difference in performance to speak of, just a louder exhaust.

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
Duct tape and aluminum tape around the exhaust leak. Cost - a buck... sounds better, can hear engine. Had to quiet it in order to listen for real engine noise!

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
cobra street rods no baffles

·
Registered
117 Posts
When I bought the Ace T it had V&H pipes on it. As soon as i got it home I put the stock exhaust back on. Sounds so much better to me.

·
Registered
10,984 Posts
Nothing on my honda.

My Vstar 1300- Cost / performance.

Cut a 1-3/4 hole in my stock muffler (2 - 1 system)
Cut 160 1/8 holes in my air box and installed a Cobra fuel processor and an extra resistor line on the O2 sensor.

Sounds a little louder, but runs much better. I also save the $50 and clean the air filter with brake cleaner. Works great.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Stock exhaust, with hole saw mod (07 Spirit)
Noise? Yeah, Some, definitely louder, but not as loud as aftermarket
Sound? Warm, deep, throaty
Performance? Couldn't tell you honestly if there is much difference.
Cost? $25 for the mandrel and hole saw bit
Installation? 10 minutes of cutting.

Very happy overall, and will suffice, until I can figure what I want and how much I want to spend.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts