Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for some new footwear, I'd like something light weight, since I ride to work and don't wanna be wearing boots all day, any suggestions

I guess I could wear boots while riding and change, but would rather not

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
I'm a big proponent of Red Wings. I use some heavy 6.5" boots, most comfortable footwear I have ever bought - and the most expensive! But their smaller and nicer shoes are just as comfortable. You can find something from RW that fits into whatever industry and dress code you're working.

Red Wing Shoes | Red Wing Work Boots

·
Registered
57 Posts
I've been wearing Redwing boots, too. In my case I always have some extra pairs since my employer gives us new ones every year. I started wearing them when I first started riding cause I didn't want to wear out a new pair (in case I dragged my feet too much, which hasn't really happened), and I just have not bothered to buy actual riding boots yet.

·
Registered
17,972 Posts
Lineman boots were my first Red Wing Boots I ever tried, "I fell in love"...
Working all day in a pair of Red Wings ain`t bad!!!
I tried the BOA fastening system on this pair I`m wearing now, it is great...
I can wear these boots all day, literally!
I`ll replace these soon, after two years of daily wear...

Red Wing is leading ;)

·
Registered
607 Posts
tennis shoes, though right now i'm wearing some tactical "style" boots called redbones. "style" because i'm pretty sure they wouldn't pass any mil-spec rating. they're more like a higher topped hiking boot, and break in to about like a tennis shoe anyway. they're nice through the winter, and i'll probaly use them for riding once it's warm again, but more likely i'll eventually switch back to tennis shoes.

·
Registered
3,084 Posts
I bought a pair of Speed & Strength Black Moto 9 boots last fall. Haven't worn them all that much but so far I'm happy. If it isn't them it's my New Balance running shoes.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I got a pair of Speed and Strength Moto Mercenary shoes, rode all last season with them and I really like them alot. Light weight and comfortable to wear but seem to offer a little more protection than my high top Reeboks which I wear also.

·
Premium Member
2,129 Posts
I'm still looking since the 3/4 hiking boots I used to use is no longer available. I like a soft toe so I can feel the shift lever with my foot/toes. For now I've been riding with Under Armor tennis shoes which gives me the feel of the foot controls and the comfort and support at work on concrete floors.

·
Registered
11,171 Posts
I have a pair of navy blue pumps with a modest heel that I love.

Oh, you meant for on the bike? Oh dear :oops:

·
Registered
02 1100 Spirit / 2012 Goldwing
5,019 Posts
Mostly my sneakers. I have harley boots they are heavy and bulky and not good for much walking but they are pretty much bullet proof!

·
Registered
52 Posts
howdy, yup, I have specific riding boots but they are a real pain to walk in so I usually settle for the high top diabetes shoes that are really comfortable yet offer higher than normal shoe tops and easy off and on---yeah, I know easy off when you off as well. I guess I should take three pairs of shoes with me when I ride--fightin' shoes, restin' shoes and datin' shoes , ya?

ken

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
I like tactical running shoes, aka magnum combat boot. Get them issued free at work. Like a really high top running shoe-steel mesh toe and I can walk at least 15km with a 80 lb pack.
Look online, there's numerous companies Danner, Hitech, Swat etc... or check out an army surplus store. Motorcycle boots are great for riding, but you don't want to walk in them, in fact in a true motorcycle boot you won't be able to-it's like a ski boot.

Dingo.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I pretty much ride and live in my Redwings.

They're tough as old boots (literally) and pretty light and comfortable too. Plus they look better with age

They aren't the cheapest boot I own but they're definitely worth it. (UK rip off prices)

My second boot of choice is Dr Marten 1460 Forlife. Lifetime guarantee on the soles, leather and stitching (providing not industrially used)

·
Premium Member
8,865 Posts
I wear a TCX Gore-Tex motorcycle boot, but when I didn't, I wore a pair of SWAT boots.. Comfortable, looked respectable with jeans, and you can kick down doors if you have to. ;)

I would personally feel comfortable riding in any hiking style boot.. Good grip, good ankle support, and once they are broken-in, they are as comfortable as slippers..

:neutral: .. Wouldn't suggest riding in slippers though.. the bunny ears would get stuck in yer' sprocket!

·
Registered
99' Valkyrie/North Central Indiana
9,452 Posts

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
I've always been a Wolverine type guy, but their quality and comfort level has gone down the toilet in the last few years. I've recently tried Timberland Pro and I think I am hooked. They are super light weight and feel like walking on clouds. This pair is almost a year old and its holding up pretty good. The Wolverines wouldn't last me 6 months.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts