Honda Shadow Forums banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
9,134 Posts
Not a thorough cleaning job. Barely did more than wipe off the top layer. Didn't do the spokes or much work where they go through the rims or hubs. Taken so long to get it done that it seemed better to post halfway photos so you've got something to see. Probably won't be getting back to the before Friday.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Just saw this post I’ll have mine ready today or tomorrow I’m off the next 4 days

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Sorry I’m a mechanic at a dairy plant so it’s been a little crazy lately. I’m actually working on them now.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I sent you tracking #’s I’ll drop them off on my way home from work in the morning

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I would think probably Thursday I dropped them off about 30 minutes ago. I’m guessing we’re both excited for “new” wheels. I accidentally left the sawzall too close to my frame. So I’ll either have some cool pics or a cautionary tale coming up

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
They usually beat that estimate even with my bigger stuff

·
Registered
9,134 Posts
Logic says they reach your distribution center tonight, spend tomorrow in a truck on the way to my distribution center then reach my local P.O. late on Wednesday for Thursday delivery. Even that allows for a wasted day in sorting. Maybe they pad that estimate by 2 days and project Saturday to look like heroes with a (in truth, day-late) Friday delivery?

·
Registered
9,134 Posts
Never would have guessed: The first package went to Memphis! Increases distance by about two-thirds. Left the distribution center there noon yesterday, 40 miles farther away then it was at the start of the trip.

No location data available on the second package, just "making progress". Might it be on a different route?

·
Registered
9,134 Posts
First package got to Detroit distribution center yesterday -- about 50 miles from here. S/B at the local post office today but after sorting & deliveries are done.

Second package got to Memphis yesterday, 24.5 hours behind the first. Must have been napping when the order to get on the truck was issued? Or, maybe, too small and easily overlooked by dedicated postal employees? (Hope you weren't taking a sip of anything as you read that last one.)

Interesting tracking progress, and lack thereof, on packages handled by USPS. Much better than Amazon -- those get delivered too quickly.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
I’ve had packages go to California by way of Spartanburg S.C. nothing surprises me anymore I saw the one hit Detroit I was hoping that one would make it today.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts