Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I'm a master of parts interchanging on cars & trucks, especially old Fords, but with the bike thing I'm waaay weak!
Here's the deal, when the wife's SS750 needs tires I was thinking of swapping to another kind of Honda wheel and tire set up. What I hope to accomplish is a different look and go tubeless too. So I guess I will only consider aluminum non-spoked rims.
Question is, what other Honda {Aero, Ace, etc} would make a good donor to do such a swap? I looked at aftermarket billets :shock: :shock: and that aint happening!
Anybody got any advice??
Thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Not trying to hijack this thread at all, but I'm looking for the exact info in the other direction. I'd like to put a Spirit front wheel and fender on my 02 ACE. I've searched ALOT and cannot find a definate yes or no to whether or not the parts are a direct or minimal modification swap. Thanks! Rich

·
Registered
423 Posts
http://www.shadowriders.net/

I'd have given you a more specific link, but I'm at work and I can't access the site, sorry.

There's a guy, airportFF is his screenname, who put a set of aluminum wheels from a Honda sport bike on his lady's 750 Spirit. I can't remember the model of the bike that they came off of, but they are a three spoke cast aluminum wheel and adapted well to the 750 Shadow. Do a search over there looking for his posts and you should find the threads pertaining to these wheels. Hope this helps!

Brian

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
From what I've read so far, I guess there is no "direct fit" swap for the front or rear on the SS750. I'm not afraid of a little machining or fabricating, but the swaps I've seen so far are a bit more involved than I wanted to get into just for the peace of mind going tubeless would bring! I guess I was just hoping some year model ACE or Aero would have a non-spoked solid wheel that I could refinish and fit as close to stock size tire as I could find on them and go! Custom wheels would be great but $2,000 wheels on a $5,000 bike is a bit silly for me.
Still, if anybody knows of a easy way to accomplish my goal, I'm all ears!

Thanks for all the links too! Keep 'em coming! 8)
[/img]

·
Registered
327 Posts
My thinking was about the same as yours Eddie. I'd love to be able to get rid of the tubes but so far it looks like too much money or work. :(

1 - 7 of 7 Posts