Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
blueeyes,

That would NOT be a good place to ride for you. REMEMBER....you ARE a newbie. Being in this "event" is NOT being smart for your limited experience. Sorry, I have to say that. :roll:

Bullzeyet

PS, I going to bed before she "slap's" me silly. :shock: :wink:

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
bullzeyet said:
blueeyes,

That would NOT be a good place to ride for you. REMEMBER....you ARE a newbie. Being in this "event" is NOT being smart for your limited experience. Sorry, I have to say that. :roll:

Bullzeyet
That's some very good advice to a newbie rider, however, as a passenger or onlooker, it could be a very valuable lesson to attend and learn things to do and not to do on a motorcycle.

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
blueeyes..........NO!!! I don't attend that run. Rather watch/hear all the noise/confusion on TV while having my lunch. :shock:

Your just trying your best to "twist" my arm for a ride with me........I'm just not that easy. :wink:

Bullzeyet

·
Registered
72 Posts
blueeyes2114 said:
When is Rolling Thunder??
Rolling Thunder has more rides than the parade on May 27. Check out their calendar.
http://www.rollingthunder1.com/calendar.html

In 2003, three of us from Kansas rode to California to ride with Run For The Wall.
http://www.rftw.org/Southern/sitreps2003.htm

If we wanted to ride in the Rolling Thunder parade, we were told our group needed to be in the Pentagon parking lot at 7 AM. One of the guys said he did that the year before and spent six hours in the parking lot, first ones in and last to leave. So on Sunday morning, we headed north to Pennsylvania. On the freeway, we meet what seemed like thousands of bikes headed south to D.C.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I'm going Seattle to LA to DC on Ride For The Wall. Been looking forward to Rolling Thunder but waiting hours in a parking lot to be part of a slow moving bike jam doesn't sound so great. Anyone else done it and got a first hand opinion?

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
us5466 said:
I'm going Seattle to LA to DC on Ride For The Wall. Been looking forward to Rolling Thunder but waiting hours in a parking lot to be part of a slow moving bike jam doesn't sound so great. Anyone else done it and got a first hand opinion?
Yes, and I'm happier watching the parade. Unfortunately, Rolling Thunder is turning into a Motorcycle event (Get together, show off your bike, etc.) instead of what it is really intended to be. Quite frankly, I wouldn't even go if it weren't for a friend of mine who has personal reasons to be there. Here's a link I found to a picture of the Pentagon parking lot

http://www.adrianlikins.com/images/rolling_thunder/rolling-thunder-1.jpg

·
Registered
7 Posts
Rolling Thunder

I have went 7 out of the last 10 years. I go because a bunch of guys I worked with were in Viet Nam and it has a special meaning to them. The first time you go you want to see the Memorial and the different events. I see no problem with newbies going. The toughest part is riding in the parade but you dont have to. Its cool the first couple of times with all the people showing support. You just have to be careful and keep your eyes open. I dont think Im going to make it this year because my nephew is getting married that day. I usually go now because someone has never went before and I take them. If someone wants to go I think they should do it once to see what its all about.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.