Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, where do you keep your insurance and registration?

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
Insurance card in my billfold and the registration on the Sabre I kept in the pouch where the owners manual was on the right side.

·
Registered
10,252 Posts
Huh? We are suposed to have those:-O
Under the seat in the box that should have a tool kit in it...Oh yeah in a ziplock.
Coop

·
Registered
325 Posts
I have my key on a small nylon wallet style ring. All my info is inside, plus a few extra bucks in case I run out w/o my wallet and need gas. This also helps me to remember to take my key with me when I leave the bike. :wink:

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
Good question! Guess I should go find those things, huh? ;)

·
Registered
673 Posts
The Vulcan has a nifty little glove box that locks with the key. In there in a ziploc baggy.

On the Shadow, it is in the saddlebag in a little pocket inside in a ziploc baggy.

·
Registered
5,377 Posts
Fork bag with my tools.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I keep mine in my wallet... thought that there was a good reason to not leave it on the bike... theft issues. Guess I'm just over thinking it

·
Registered
497 Posts
In my S/bag ,,in a zip lock plastic bad with my owners manual ....also with a extra copy of my weapon permitt...

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Wallet.

And, wrote on the back of my Reg is "Non Family Emergency Contact".... in case I split my head. Folded where that part is visible when wallet opens.

·
Registered
5,811 Posts
Keep in mind, if you store your papers in a saddlebag that you have to open, the Police are going to watch you very closely as you access your luggage. Once you open a closed compartment in his presence, you pretty much give the LEO permission to search your bike.

Ya, I know, you have nothing to hide.....that's not the point. If an LEO wants to search your gear he either suspect something or he wants to suspect something. Either way, that leads to bad things.

Never consent to a search and never give them an opportunity for a free search.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
I keep mine in the toolbox under the seat. I don't have any bags on the bike anymore, so that's the only place it will fit.

Here in VA we are required to have a copy of the registration and inspection, so those two are always together in my toolbox.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts