Honda Shadow Forums banner

Where do you park your Ride ???????

8K views 62 replies 47 participants last post by  rbx 
#1 ·
Hello everyone, Just wanted to find out where everyone parks there Motorcycles? In a garage,carport, storage, or special room just for your motorcycle? Do you have pics? Erika 8)

#2 ·
Hi Erika,
I live in downtown Seattle, and my apartment does not have parking, so my riding buddy (who lives in the same apartment building as I do) and I rent a parking space in another apartment building about 4 miles away. I will take a pic when I take the bus to get my bike in the morning :lol:

Sweet setup Destinrider! If only more people these days had the drive to be creative we would all be better off.
http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s214/jackspeir/JacksShadowandJamesVTXingarage3--3.jpg
http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s214/jackspeir/JacksShadowandJamesVTXingarage3-31-.jpg

#5 ·
ladyrider4life said:
Hello everyone, Just wanted to find out where everyone parks there Motorcycles? In a garage,carport, storage, or special room just for your motorcycle? Do you have pics? Erika 8)
Garage. Nothing special. My car lives outside.

#6 ·
Garaged all year. Luckily, I have a 2-car garage and only 1 car, so the Jeep gets parked on one side and all the toys are parked on the other. It's parked behind my snowblower in the winter, in front of it in the summer. :)

#10 ·
Several years ago I built a 16X16 metal building for a workshop and a place to parky thee John Deere riding have a 44" door. I now park the Honda in it. No room for a shop and most of the time the mower is under a she roof behind the building... It is heated in the winter and dry as a bone. I wish I had built one twice as big now.

#11 ·
I am retired and live in a RV Park one block from the white sand beach in Miramar Beach (Destin), FL. Its a hard life :lol: - heated swimming pool right outside my door, all groundskeeping done by professionals, etc. What the heck - I served the corporate world for 40 years - I earned it, right? Anyway, my home is what is called an RV Park Model (with FL room addition). It is like a small mobile home, but qualifies as an RV. (If you want to know more about what a Park Model is go to http://www.sunlakelivingsystems.com ) Each property owner is allowed one 10' x 10' storage building. That's where I store my Valk. Now for the pictures:

This is the "bike path" leading up to my building:

Doors opened exposing the Valk:

Valk sitting on the "turnaround" I built. I ride the bike onto the turnaround, pull the pin, rotate the turnaround 180 degrees, insert the pin, and I am ready to ride out again:

The turnaround is built of 3/4" plywood and 2" x 12" pine lumber supported by 6 steel casters. It rotates around a center pin made of a pipe flange with a short piece of pipe in it. It works very well.

Total cost of the turnaround was about $100.

Keep the shiny side up and ride safe!

#17 ·
I live on a floating home. It's about 100 yards down the ramp, and up the to shore. We have two cars but only one is in a rented carport. It's a strip carport for about 15 cars. My wife keeps her car to the left side of our slot and my friendly neighbor keeps his car to the right side of his stall. the shadow stays in between.

#19 ·
I thought I had a pretty cool set up.
At home he stays in the garage.
At work we built a new office and I talked
everyone into a front porch. They thought it
was for looks, but I had other plans.

But destinrider, yours is pretty cool,
I have wanted something lilke that since
I was a kid watching Batman. Hats off!

#20 ·
I have a 12X16 Barn-style building to park my bike in. I also have a very good quality bike cover to put over it when it's parked for an extended period of time.

destinrider, that turnaround is brilliant!

#21 ·
Nice & cozy in my garage, at the hotel I work at I park next to the parking attendant booth inside the garage.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.