Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Registration, etc...

I don't have an owner's manual, and can't figure this out....duh.

-swilly
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
227 Posts
Pull both your side covers.
one will have your tol bag and the other will have your MOM
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
91 Posts
Hawaii 600 is correct, I stash my small tool kit inside the left side cover even though I have bags, it fits nice and snug.

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
227 Posts
MOM = Motorcycle Operators Manual
mark v said:
My MOM doesnt live in a Motorcycle, she lives in a House.

You talking about an Owners Manual?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
749 Posts
Registration is behind the left side cover with the owners manual and the miserable little tool kit that Honda provides. I keep a few other tools in my saddle bag.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
69 Posts
I ride a HONDA so I don't have to carry tools! :D :wink:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
448 Posts
PopawPat said:
I ride a HONDA so I don't have to carry tools! :D :wink:
I was going to say the same thing. However when I had my Suzuki I kept a 5 drawer tool chest straped to the seat. This was only for short trips, 5 miles and under. If I was going further than that I would load the old Suzi on the trailer and take it that way. (Hey, it's the only way I was sure I would make it back!) :lol:

I love my new Honda.. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
335 Posts
swilly said:
sorry, it's a 600 vlx
I have a '05 VLX. The factory tool kit goes under the left cover, depends what tools you have, there's not much room in there. The owners manual is in a zip-lock plastic pouch velcro'd (poorly) to the inside of the right cover... I just stuck my insurance and registration in with it, as well as an accident report form and an index card that says:

In Case Of Emergency CALL:
(my wife)
(her cell phone #) OR
(my mom's home phone #)
(Wife's mom's name and phone #)
(my address)

The extra contact #s are for if my wife is with me. Doesn't happen often but I figured I'd better plan for it. The index card is inserted so it is the first thing you see when you look at the pouch.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
242 Posts
Trueseaker said:
I just stuck my insurance and registration in with it, as well as an accident report form and an index card that says:

In Case Of Emergency CALL:
Hopefully one of the responders will think to look in the compartment - I wouldn't have thought about it when I was a police officer or when I was an EMT. As a rider now, I might do so.

One thing many emergency response agencies are advocating is to program your cell phone with an entry called ICE (In Case of Emergency), and the number you want called. They look at your cell phone and see who they need to contact. I have three emergency numbers in mine - ICE with my wife's name along with it, ICE2 with my son's name, and ICE3 and my daughter's name.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
258 Posts
The most important tool in mine tool bag is a small set of battery jumper cables.....they have saved me twice....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
448 Posts
ShadowRider2000 said:
Trueseaker said:
I just stuck my insurance and registration in with it, as well as an accident report form and an index card that says:

In Case Of Emergency CALL:
Hopefully one of the responders will think to look in the compartment - I wouldn't have thought about it when I was a police officer or when I was an EMT. As a rider now, I might do so.

One thing many emergency response agencies are advocating is to program your cell phone with an entry called ICE (In Case of Emergency), and the number you want called. They look at your cell phone and see who they need to contact. I have three emergency numbers in mine - ICE with my wife's name along with it, ICE2 with my son's name, and ICE3 and my daughter's name.
Shadowrider,

That is an excellent idea. They would always look for numbers in your phone but this will direct them to the important numbers right away.

Most of us have cell phones today and I think that is something they should make a standard part of motorcycle training. I’m going to put ICE #’s in mine.

Thanks for the invaluable tip!

Steve
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
105 Posts
I have a plastic tube with rubber caps in my saddle bags that keeps my tools in also I have black electrical tape and a utillity knife on hand.
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top