Honda Shadow Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just great. I woke up this morning to find a new rad leak coming from somewhere on the bike and can't determine the source as of yet. Any ideas? It's coming from above the top of the stator cover. I think I'm done with this thing. I got a guy who's interested in it at $1000 bucks. I have more in brand new parts in it. From now on I'm only buying new bikes and won't be messing around with these old piles of problems anymore. Seriously, these bikes were designed to fail at a certain mileage. They're disposal. This is what guys say about metric cruisers, and it turns out that it's true. They're disposal motorcycles.

·
Premium Member
7,423 Posts
You'll find the same issues with any 35+ year old vehicle that's been neglected. Regardless of what the nameplate says. Live and learn.

·
Banned
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You'll find the same issues with any 35+ year old vehicle that's been neglected. Regardless of what the nameplate says. Live and learn.
I can't see how being stored in a heated garage qualifies as being neglected. This thing was ridden softly by my dad and stored in a heated garage. I know that letting a bike sit isn't good for it, but still. Everything is literally going on this bike and it only has 50,000 kms on it. That's not a whole lot...

·
Premium Member
7,423 Posts
Like I said. Left in a corner to collect dust more than it's ridden isn't good for it. Did you bother to look at the 35 year old rubber coolant hose in the pic? Probably and easy fix you're getting all bent out of shape about. It's a honda, it will run as long as you take care of it.

·
Banned
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Like I said. Left in a corner to collect dust more than it's ridden isn't good for it. Did you bother to look at the 35 year old rubber coolant hose in the pic? Probably and easy fix you're getting all bent out of shape about. It's a honda, it will run as long as you take care of it.
I know it's an easy fix. I'm just pissed how it's one thing after another with this thing...

·
Premium Member
7,423 Posts
Well, exercise a little patience and the "one things" will be all done and you'll riding with a big old $hit eating grin.:D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.