Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In rain and wet streets the bike will start missing on one cylinder than it will try to die. When I get stopped it is generally easy to restart and drive off but once this happens the first time the interval between episodes decreases dramatically. It seems logical water is shorting something down low but What is down low that can cause a miss on one cylinder that progresses to both cylinders dieing out. Restarting seems easy so it has to be related to running water it seems. Baffled I am.:roll:

· Registered
1983 Honda vt750 Shadow
20,318 Posts
It may not be related to anything down low. If water mist or spray can get to the coils or igniters or any terminals it can start a failure. Maybe check all areas and cover electrical parts with a plastic bag or clear wrap and tighten all push on connections. WD40 works great on all electrical parts and keeps water away at least for a while.
You could test the area on a dry day by spraying water mist on parts and spark wires, etc.

· Registered
1,026 Posts
Many older bikes, if your bike is an older one, have problem with small cracks in either the coil casing or even around the seams. In high humidity situations and during rainy days the moisture can get in the coils and start to short them out.

· Registered
1998 750 ACE
20,910 Posts
How clogged is your air filter?
Check all electrical connections...
Plug wires cracked?

Best I can do, I`ve Only had 1/2 cup of coffee so far, My thinker ain`t thinkin...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.