Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning all,

I just bought a 96 VT1100c it's in pristine shape and can't wait to start ridding again it's been many many years. My last bike was a 400hawk. I was reading a thread in this section talking about making you more visible. I went ahead and bought a Stebel Nautilus.

Where are you guys mounting it and are you disconnecting the stock horns? Are you also leaving them on the bike or removing them?

Thanks

Evan

·
Registered
6,045 Posts
Where is your current horn located? If it's in the place on the right lower frame in front of the brake pedal, it's still a good place for mounting. As far as leaving the stock horn in place, that's a matter of opinion. Some do, some don't. You may want to wire in a relay so you don't over load the horn circuit w/ the larger draw from the Stebel. Again, that's a matter of preference too.

·
Registered
12,291 Posts
#1: Get a Gonzo Stebel wiring harness - includes the relay and makes the horn hook up pretty much plug-n-play.

Introducing the

Note that if you contact him through PM on this board he offers a discount.

#2) Mount it in the most convenient location and where it will be heard best.

Here are a couple of hi-res pics of how and where I mounted mine:

I used jumper connectors off the stock horn so that both the Stebel and stock horn blast together.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the reply's

I have horns off a bracket coming between the cylinders on each side. I thought about above the forks but i wanted to save that location for additional lights. I suppose highway bars are an option but between the bike helmet ins. registration and I want to get a tour master intake 2 textile jacket I'll be tapped out for a bit.

·
Registered
12,291 Posts
Thanks for the reply's

I have horns off a bracket coming between the cylinders on each side. I thought about above the forks but i wanted to save that location for additional lights. I suppose highway bars are an option but between the bike helmet ins. registration and I want to get a tour master intake 2 textile jacket I'll be tapped out for a bit.
Get a 1-1/2" 3 piece clamp and mount it to your frame, then. Just don't get it too close to the exhaust, though. The cover on the Stebel is plastic.

·
Registered
12,291 Posts
Thanks I'll try that when it comes in next week.
As a point of reference, here is how I mounted the Stebel on my Aero 750 using a 3-piece clamp and a heavy duty powder coated "Z" bracket I had laying about from a aftermarket exhaust system (used to some close-up pics, but I can not find them). Pics are large, sorry:

Hope this helps...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts