Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
680 Posts
I'm sure Dave meant to say, two lane one way street. In which case, I'd probably stick with the middle lane position, which is enough to keep cages in my lane from trying to squeeze in between me, to still be visible to vehicles in the right lane and, enough space to do an evasive maneuver if necessary.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Oh, ok, I thought for a minute there we might be discussing zen and the art of city street riding:wink:
The truth is I don’t ride much on one way streets but I guess if I was in the left lane I’d be in the right of my lane. If I was in the right lane I’d be in the left of my lane. To get as far away from the parked cars as possible and to be able to see farther ahead.

·
Registered
10,411 Posts
For the most part, I'm to the left. However, if there are hazards or curves, I could be positioned in the middle or the right. Just depends on what is going on....

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
If it's a one way with two lanes... Being in the left lane, I would position myself on the right side of my lane closest to the line. That leaves me the most amount of room for a quick response should something threaten me from the right or left... front or rear...

The left side of the lane leaves me no way out of a righthand threat... and the middle of the lane challenges me with road debris and cager oils and such.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Ah now this makes sense. My brain couldn't get past the typo. I would have to agree with the majority on this on. If I was in the left lane of a two lane one way street I would think that the right side of the lane is the safest place to be. Can you imagine the passenger in a car opening their car door...yikes!

·
Registered
10,263 Posts
The smoothest part of the lane:p The right side of the left lane most likely. But what if riding with a group...Do I stay in a " proper formation" or what?
Coop

·
Registered
90 Posts
The safest part. There are cars, gravel, intersections, critters, etc. that will make me change the "right" part of the lane on a moment to moment basis.
My preferred position would be the right side of the left lane.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.