Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
for camping or motel? We are planning to ride from the Talihina Oklahoma over to Mena Arkansas, spend one night either tent camping or motel, depending... Anyone have any preferred places to stay or to feed our faces? Also we will be looking for any other interesting scenery or stops along the way.

·
Registered
253 Posts
The lodge at Queen Wilhemena Park on top of the mountain is a nice place to stay with a nice restaurant. I think they have camping areas there also. My wife is originally from Mena, so we visit a couple of times a year. Enjoy your trip.

·
Registered
81 Posts
The Queen Wilhemena campground looks nice, and the Inn looks expensive. But you have a great view, and the food is good. As far as other places to see, it would depend on how far and which direction you are riding. Eureka Springs is a wonderful place this time of year, you can't go wrong there, but I would book a room ahead of time, as it gets busy. Hot Springs is another nice place. Enjoy.

Arspirit

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Hey Billy!

Didn't a waitress chase you outta there last time we were there?

ROFLMAO!!

Or was she just chasing you? ;-)

Gonz

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This all sounds good. I know in the fall it is prettier, so we may make it two trips.

Arspirit said:
As far as other places to see, it would depend on how far and which direction you are riding.
Arspirit
We live up by Tulsa, so our plans were to head south, and catch the west end, ride it into Mena Ark. Then the next day turn around and ride it back. We could take a different route down or back as long as one way we get to ride it. Since we aren't far away, we may do it a couple of times through the year.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.