Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a little confused. There are two Haynes repair manuals for the Shadows. One says 88 to 08 and one says 88 to 09.

Both manuals have the Haynes code of 2312 in the upper right hand corner. My bike is 2009. The manual I was sent is the one that says 88 to 08. But again, the Haynes part# is 2312 on both.

Looking through it, it looks to be the right one and things haven't changed much on the Shadows and it does include the shaft drive info.

What say you?

Attachments

·
Registered
330 Posts
"Neither (imo), get the Honda Service Manual for your bike. You'll be glad you did."
I agree with old dad, Haynes is nowhere close to the Honda Manual.

·
Registered
99' Valkyrie/North Central Indiana
9,582 Posts
OEM Honda but a Clymer is a far 2nd best though they have some extra info the OEM doesn't have but still 2nd. Haynes down right suck.

·
Registered
4,833 Posts
I'm a little confused. There are two Haynes repair manuals for the Shadows. One says 88 to 08 and one says 88 to 09.
I'll bet if you check the publication date you will see that the 88-09 book was published the year after the other one. You can hardly expect Haynes (or any other aftermarket manual publisher) to look into a crystal ball and sell a book for a future year of motorcycle that may have changed technical specs.

If there are no changes they can reissue the previous year's manual, but of course they are going to revise the title to reflect the years covered.

·
Registered
5,352 Posts
I can't see the problem..

You have an 09 model, buy the 09 manual..as said it will be a second issue reprint and it may even have a footnote or a bit more information..

John.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Get the Factory manual for sure.

I have both the factory manual and the Clymer for my 2000 VT750 ACE and I really like the Clymer as well. It has lots of pictures that point out the important areas to look for when doing repairs. I used it to do a clutch change and everything went smoothly. I referenced between both books though, so I was pretty well informed during the job.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.