Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1998 ace 750c what would be a good starting point for re jetting if I did the bean box mod with a stock air filter and modifide stock exhaust? would a stage one kit be good for that combo? thanks

·
Registered
302 Posts
You might give Dyno Jet, the folks who make Cobra Jet Kits a call or an email. They may have some ideas for a good starting point. They were real helpful with me when I had problems with an odd combo of Cobra exhaust, DJ Stage 1 jet kit and K&N filters. In the end the best we could do was get rid of the separate K&Ns and return to stock airbox. The VLX just would not run well across the entire throttle range without the stock airbox. I sure got good at R&Ring the carbs though.

·
Registered
5,377 Posts
You might not NEED to rejet with thos mods, only. A Dynojet Stage1 would do good for almost any bike stock to Full exhaust and airfilter mods. You are somewhere between that, but closer to stock.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok thanks for the replies I just wanted to have the kit ready to go when I tried moding the air box just incase. I ride to work every day and did not want any down time if I can avoid it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts