Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello again all,
I'm still in the market to buy a bigger bike, mostly for two-up riding. I currently own a '96 Shadow ACE 1100. It's great for riding around town or around 65 on the freeway, but anything extended or at higher speeds for extended time, she really seems to be working. I'm looking really hard at a Vulcan 1500, but I've only ever owned Honda's. I know there were a few years where Honda made a Shadow 1100 Tourer. I've seen some for sale on E-bay and CycleTrader and they "look" like they'd fit the bill too. Will these bikes feel like they're working as hard as the ACE does at extended highway speeds, two-up? Or, are they geared differently for highway speeds? Any input would be very helpful.
Thanks...

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi All and thanks for the replies.
I wasn't considering the VTX1300 because of the lack of auto valve adjusters. Not that I would need to have them adjusted often, it's just that I don't understand why the older technology in a newer bike. My options are still between a 1500 Vulcan and a Shadow 1100 Tourer.
Thanks...

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Typically, a day of two-up riding will be me(185 lbs), my girl(110 lbs.), and about 5 - 10 lbs. of cargo. Now mind you, the add-ons on the bike include a windshield, medium/large saddlebags, sissbar and bag, rider and passenger floorboards, engine guard with mounted highway pegs, hypercharger, fork bag w/tools, light bar w/both lights, and a large tank bib. So, it's possible we could've reached the weight capacity. I'm not saying that it can't maintain those long highway stretches at speed, it just sounds, to me, like she's working to stay there.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ShadowDave, thanks for the response. It's exactly what I was looking for. The wife-to-be and I have decided on the Vulcan 1500 or 1600 Nomad. I think it will suit the bill perfectly. We plan on getting the bike right after summer, and am going to make the ACE a single seater. I greatly appreciate your work in getting me this answer.
Thanks...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.