Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just insured my bike for the summer.
It’s a 2006 Honda Shadow Aero. The paint is white and silver. I noticed today that the white paint on the tank is turning yellow. I tried a couple different cleaners I have in the garage but nothing whitened it back up again.

It’s only on the right side only the tank. It’s the side that faces outward towards the sun when Park, as the left side is up against the garage. It was covered over winter.

Is there any cleaner that will take away that yellowing?

·
Registered
206 Posts
The UV light from sun exposure has likely yellowed the clear topcoat, if it’s penetrated through the whole layer of clear on that side then it probably needs to be re-sprayed to properly correct it. If you happen to have a rotary buffer and some cutting polish it could get better, but once the clear yellows from UV it’s usually too late.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The UV light from sun exposure has likely yellowed the clear topcoat, if it’s penetrated through the whole layer of clear on that side then it probably needs to be re-sprayed to properly correct it. If you happen to have a rotary buffer and some cutting polish it could get better, but once the clear yellows from UV it’s usually too late.
Ok thanks. That’s too bad.

·
Registered
8,247 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts