Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
whitewalls

I'd love to get some whitwalls on my bike but i dont know how they would look with a green /cream color scheme?? Ill keep fishing til i get a pic of a bike with my colors and whitewalls....

·
Registered
35 Posts
i don't know what size of tire is on the aero but maxxis makes a whitewall in their classic line.i just put classics on my vlx a couple a weeks ago.check dennis kirk,they carry them.

dave

·
Super Moderator
6,504 Posts
wingrider said:
Does any one make a whitewall for an Aero750?
wingrider,
If the 750Aero uses the same size tires as the 750ACE.......you'll have no problem finding a rear in a whitewall! As for the front, you'll have to use a whitewall from the larger 1100Aero in a Dunlop. Both bikes use the same size rims but the front tire on the 1100Aero is wider with a lower profile. The 1100Aero front tire fits on the 750ACE (it's a tight fit) but works!

The 750ACE uses a 120/90-17 while the 1100Aero uses a 140/80-17.
Good luck,
Phil

·
Registered
57 Posts
GOOD LUCK!
I've been searching for a year now to get WWW Metz's for my Shadow Aero 1100. I can find the rear all day long almost any where that sells them, but can only find Dunlop for the front in a WWW. This of course is w/o changing the size of the tire. Even then I would have to go to quite a large tire just to get it.
I've opted to just keep the Dunlop on the front and a Metz on the rear. The ride has been fine.
I was unaware that Dunlop employees were striking. That explains why a lot of the places has them on back order I guess.

·
Super Moderator
6,504 Posts
Locutisj said:
GOOD LUCK!
I've been searching for a year now to get WWW Metz's for my Shadow Aero 1100.
Locutisj,
I began that quest back in 1998 and as far as I can tell, Dunlop is the only company that makes the WWW-140/80-17.

Some people have swapped front rims on their Aero's so they could have access to a wide variety of whitewalls; but that's pretty drastic if you ask me!
Phil

·
Registered
76 Posts
white walls

To find white walls for a 750 ACE is almost impossible. From the same company for BOTH tires is impossible. Ive been searching all night. One company has the front ...another has the rear. I dont get it. Do people usually have this problem?? or do they mix tire brands?? Any insight would be greatly appreciated

thanks in advance

·
Super Moderator
6,504 Posts
Re: white walls

cactus said:
To find white walls for a 750 ACE is almost impossible. From the same company for BOTH tires is impossible. Ive been searching all night. One company has the front ...another has the rear. I dont get it. Do people usually have this problem?? or do they mix tire brands?? Any insight would be greatly appreciated

thanks in advance
cactus,
The white wall problem for the 750ACE is even worse than you think! ! ! !
There is no front white wall tire available anywhere on the face of the earth in a 120/90-17. (Which is the front size tire used on the 750ACE)

The reason you can easily find a rear white wall tire for the 750ACE is because it shares the same size rear tire as the 1100Aero which is a 170/80-15; those are a dime a dozen in the white wall format!

What some 750ACE owners do is install an 1100 Aero white wall front tire on their 750ACE front rim. The Aero front tire is a little wider and has a lower profile than the 750ACE tire but it still fits. Again, if that's the route you want to go........the only option is Dunlop! And then you could use the rear white wall Dunlop from an 1100 Aero on the 750ACE to complete the look.

Other than changing rims; 1100 Aero Dunlop’s are your only choice for 750ACE if you want white walls!
Phil

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
Yep it's conundrum, I had to put a Dunlop www on the front and a Metz on the back. Works fine, no problems. I did stay with the OEM size and spec, just different brands.

·
Super Moderator
6,504 Posts
Aero98 said:
metz rears and dunlop for the front , no one else makes that size ww for the front.
Aero98,
Is that the rear metz tire on on your bike now? Does is have a wider white wall than the Dunlop? Does it give longer tread life than the Dunlop?
Sorry for all the questions but while I'm at it, I've got a question about your pipes too........it looks like you have extensions on your pipes. Are those Cobra LowBoys with home/made extension? They look nice!!!!!
Phil

·
Registered
270 Posts
Phil said:
Aero98 said:
metz rears and dunlop for the front , no one else makes that size ww for the front.
Aero98,
Is that the rear metz tire on on your bike now? Does is have a wider white wall than the Dunlop? Does it give longer tread life than the Dunlop?
Sorry for all the questions but while I'm at it, I've got a question about your pipes too........it looks like you have extensions on your pipes. Are those Cobra LowBoys with home/made extension? They look nice!!!!!
Phil
Yes those are metz on the rear , the ww width is about right its the color is different its a little whiter. The Maxxis has the huge ww that looks out of place.
The pipes are Willys Big Bubs with home made extensions from Kragen auto .
I hear the tread life is good on them but they are still new and the first non dunlop rear for me so the jury is out . thxs

1 - 13 of 13 Posts