Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Riding around here in Fl, I often get the "no-look" or dirty look from some HD riders....I can be out in the middle of no-where and see another rider a mile away coming towards me, I give them the left hand drop as we pass...often, no response, usually riding some HD wearing bad boy clothes with a do-rag....is it my metric bike or my breath?....just wondering what you all have experienced?..not a big deal but why go through life with a crap attitude?....Mick :roll:

·
Registered
342 Posts
I went on a poker run last weekend sponsored by the Boar's Nest Choppers here in Southern California. There were about 150 H-D's a few choppers, and my Honda. Talk about feeling like the Lone ranger. At the lunch break I started talking with a middle aged couple who were riding a HD Heritage Soft Tail. The lady asked me what I rode. I told her that was my Honda Spirit 1100 over there as I pointed to my bike. She said, "Oh, I didn't know.....I'm so sorry!" Talk about a real slam!

·
Registered
241 Posts
Here in the Nashville area, most bikers give each other the wave, even scooters. But I was in Florida over the weekend, and I noticed that we got waves from VERY few other bikers. Very interesting...

·
Registered
448 Posts
Don't be offended by them not waving. It could be they are 1%'rs and if they are they don't wave at anyone, not even each other. It's not that they are looking down upon anyone else it's just that they don't do that.

And some people are just @holes and that's the way it is. When a nice person waves back it will make up for all those that don't.

·
Registered
4,689 Posts
Some people just don't wave, the fact that they are on a HD doesn't mean anything, You can't tell what I am riding until you stop next to it and look.

Hell Beemers, squids, dual sports, I have had them all not wave, no biggy, by far more people are friendly than not.

And if I should happen upon the same guy that snubbed me, broken down on the side of the road.....well I am not sure what I would do.......but the 'tude might come back to bite them.

You broke down?
Yeah,
Got a cell phone?
No
Too Bad! Sucks to be you....
:twisted:

Actually I don't carry a cell phone either......DOH! :lol:

·
Registered
340 Posts
Don't forget us newbies that are concentrating on the fact that a lot is going on and we don't notice you wave, forget to wave, or don't wanna take our hand off the bars...

I just wanted to chime in and say that I can't believe the respect just riding a bike brings. I went for my first hundred last Saturday and so many people driving/riding along gave a nod or a wave. It felt great and, I being a very friendly person, waved back to all of them.

I don't care if your riding a Harley, Honda, Dual Sport, Scooter, or Schwinn, just enjoy it.

Forget all the jerks that think they are too cool to wave.

·
Registered
628 Posts
wave

Snobs will be snobs. Unfriendly people will be unfriendly.

I happen to be a smiler, and a waver/nodder. That is who I am and I will not permit anyone to control me by their bad manners. So I wave /nod but I keep my eyes straight.

An aside: I told my Harley son that his Shadow father was going to move up from my Shadow VLX. So he began to send me pictures of Harleys. He assumed when I said I was "moving up" that I was "moving up" to a Harley. I meant to a Shadow Spirit 750!! But I love him anyway.

Jim

·
Registered
144 Posts
Oh well

I would say almost all of my riding buddies ride harleys. I like the look and sound of a harley, I just dont like the cost of them. My brother in law is the biggest offender, but I tell him "I have the title for my bike, where's your title,,,,oh the bank has it" :shock:

As for waving, you wave = I wave, you dont wave = I wave. I have not seen another bike until he has already waved and I barely get time to return. I just didnt see him, and I did not mean anything by not waving. But hey if they dont, I dont sweat it. I would say more than 75% of the time I get a wave. Thats not bad odds!

I just really love it when I pull up to a red light and see a little kid looking out the window and I turn and smile with bugs in my teeth. They dont know if they should laugh or cry. :lol:

If I pass you, trust me I will probably wave no matter what you ride. That just me. And hope you make it to your next destination.

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
I wish people would stop saying its HD riders. It never just HD riders. I have seen riders on many makes not wave.

I myself didn't wave to two riders yesterday. I didn't feel comfy with it at the time. Traffic was crazy and I stayed focused on the road and drivers around me more. I felt bad I didn't wave back, but oh well, it happens.

Let stop pointing fingers and ride our own ride.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
halfcent said:
I find it is Goldwing riders that do not wave back. Not all, but most of them just cruise on by. Maybe they are too busy trying to turn on the air conditioning. :roll:
I saw the same thing when I had the Spirit. When I got the Wing, other Wingers started waving all the time. I don't really care for that kind of elitism. I wave to everyone ... it's friendly, it's fun, it costs nothing.

·
Banned
4,110 Posts
slickster said:
Riding around here in Fl, I often get the "no-look" or dirty look from some HD riders....I can be out in the middle of no-where and see another rider a mile away coming towards me, I give them the left hand drop as we pass...often, no response, usually riding some HD wearing bad boy clothes with a do-rag....is it my metric bike or my breath?....just wondering what you all have experienced?..not a big deal but why go through life with a crap attitude?....Mick :roll:
The question isn't "who gets the snub". The question is "who cares?"

1 - 20 of 84 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.