Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 20 of 145 Posts

·
Registered
17,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I AM!!!
Goin` to hook up with Crossbow and Ride Rural sw GA roads...

Who`ll ride with us Today, on different Roads???
Pics WELCOME...

So, lets see IF we can get a buncha Folks Today,

Lets RIDE Safe Today,
Dennis

·
Registered
2001 Shadow Spirit 750
863 Posts
Going out in a while. Gotta scrub that coating off of my new front tire.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Gonna do the local Fleas/Swaps/Haunts... Need a new heavy leather work belt i scraped up (ruined) scootin around on a concrete floor adjustin that big auckward mowerdeck. + some local prowlin...

·
Registered
5,966 Posts
I’m heading out after lunch for a drive by birthday celebration, then hitting the road with a buddy for a few hours.

Bike is all shined up.

Sitting on my VTX making vroom vroom noises.

·
Registered
02 1100 Spirit / 2012 Goldwing
5,013 Posts
We are riding today! No where in particular. Just got Eve the 1100 back on the ground after doing her clutch and fork seals and my wife is itching to go ride!

·
Registered
856 Posts
Rode to meet my brother for breakfast stopped now to take my meds and drop the kids off at the train station (ಠ‿↼) (ಠ‿↼) still a little chilly for the pool (⌐■_■)ノand shortly I'll see where the winds take me

·
Registered
856 Posts
Did a loop out to the nearby resort town and back still a bit nippy, mid may and I'm wearing long underwear was getting a bit warm eating breakfast with my brother, glad I wore it riding ,

·
Registered
2001 Shadow Spirit 750
863 Posts
Just got back Cap'n
Rode around the horse farms of Chester County, PA. Found some gravel roads I aint been on yet. (till now)
IMG_20210516_131315482_HDR.jpg
IMG_20210516_132925559_HDR.jpg

Even found a covered bridge I hadn't been on yet.
IMG_20210516_141451710_HDR.jpg

Good ride. Thanks again for the invite Cap'n. (y)

·
Administrator
1997 Valkyrie Standard
11,042 Posts
The dust was blown off, battery charged, and after a sluggish start it fired up after a long winter(s) nap. Did 120 miles down the highway and back to shake out the cobwebs both on the bike and myself. We both seem to be working fine.

·
Registered
17,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
I Just got back myself...
When I hollered from the door, "Hi Honey, I`m home" Ann said " It`s about time, you`ve been gone all day."...
No truer words spoken...
I left just shortly after I posted this morning :D
Yeah, after church, I stopped in and tried to get Crossbow out, but he wasn`t feeling up to it, so I followed the front wheel with NO direction or destination...
Burned up two tanks of gas today, I filled up twice anyhow, andit hadda near full tank when I straddled the saddle = it was 56 degrees...

`twas GOOD to get out and ride with Y`all,
Dennis

Some of the roads I rode today, have grass growing in the cracks =>
That tells ya how much traffic they see :D

Lets do it again, post up folks...

·
Registered
2010 Shadow RS
30 Posts
Passed my course in Friday, got my license on Saturday, surprised my son when I brought the bike home. We headed out just north of the city. Got caught in a rain storm with high winds pushing the bike all over the highway. Great way to get my first ride in. 😁.
The rest of my time has been practicing slow manoeuvres and trying the bike out up to 120 km/h.
Also, the exhaust tone is really nice.
PXL_20210516_003850508.jpg

Pic of my bike and my son's

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
Just got back Cap'n
Rode around the horse farms of Chester County, PA. Found some gravel roads I aint been on yet. (till now
Even found a covered bridge I hadn't been on yet.
Good ride. Thanks again for the invite Cap'n. (y)

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
NOT SURE how that empty post got sent. BUT Punxsybob - - OMG, are there STILL dirt roads in Chester County. My PSU roommate and I and more of his friends than would believe were all over them there roads in my 1962 Austin Healy Sprite. PS - We graduated in 1967.
His family lived in Birchrunsville.
Thanks for bringing up those memories.

·
Registered
2001 Shadow Spirit 750
863 Posts
NOT SURE how that empty post got sent. BUT Punxsybob - - OMG, are there STILL dirt roads in Chester County. My PSU roommate and I and more of his friends than would believe were all over them there roads in my 1962 Austin Healy Sprite. PS - We graduated in 1967.
His family lived in Birchrunsville.
Thanks for bringing up those memories.
Those roads were near Marlborough township, between Downingtown and Kennett Square - Horse farms. I will need to go riding around your old stomping grounds one day to see if there are dirt roads still.

·
Registered
Shadow VT700c 1986, ST1300 08
374 Posts
Fife, north of Edinburgh to King's Lynn.
370 miles.
This is halfway to where we will be spending the rest of the week until Friday :cool:
Tomorrow will be doing another 300 miles from East England to Newquay, Cornwall

·
Registered
1983 Honda vt750 Shadow
16,865 Posts
FIFE ? that is about 20 miles from me here in Washington State, USA, and I live near KENT. :unsure:
Have a safe trip and take more pictures for us to see your countryside.

Reactions: "Captain D"
1 - 20 of 145 Posts