Honda Shadow Forums banner
181 - 200 of 223 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Shadow Spirit 750
1,095 Posts
Finally found time to get a ride in today. Went across black mountain. They finally paved it. Nice and smooth now. Then went across whitesburg mountain and then back roads home. Anout 150 miles

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Awesome views. I like the deck at Hogg overlook. Could stay there for hours.

·
Registered
18,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #183 ·
Nice @chevyman_ky
Headed to Mauk, GA today, Crossbow hadta work (that`s a 4 letter word) yesterday...
Building a lift so he can clean deer,
Dennis

Gotta ride between storms, Fred is WET

SEE YA

·
Registered
2002, Shadow Spirit 1100
2,166 Posts
Not today, but yesterday. RoadRunnerTX and me met up and went for around 100 mile ride. We didn't stop to take pics because we were riding more than stopping. It was a nice ride and it went well other than I managed to forget my wallet and my electric went dead when I was starting the bike twice. I have to fix that issue. I did manage to get it started both times which was good. Since I forgot my wallet he was kind enough to keep me going. RoadRunnerTX just happens to live in my old neighborhood. What a small world.

·
Registered
18,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #185 ·
Yeah me too, Crossbow has plumbing issues so our Ride was canceled...
AND we didn`t get to build his deer lift neither,
Dennis

·
Registered
2002, Shadow Spirit 1100
2,166 Posts
Yeah me too, Crossbow has plumbing issues so our Ride was canceled...
AND we didn`t get to build his deer lift neither,
Dennis
When riding yesterday I saw Bambi. I was hoping Momma didn't jump out in front of us. I didn't want to duplicate your deer experience.

·
Registered
18,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #187 ·
I don`t neither @kesanders
I`m just glad I don`t remember hitting it, or tumbling, skidding and bouncing 140 feet down the pavement with my Baby...

Ride Safe,
Dennis

Hope you found the electric gremlin too...

Gotta ride between storms, Fred is WET

·
Registered
2001 VT750 Shadow Spirit
178 Posts
That's not the end of the road. Looks like there's plenty of road to continue your exploration. :p
Yes if I had an adv bike. Not a fan of riding loose gravel washboard dirt roads on a cruiser with street tires. Maybe I'll go back and explore that road to see where it goes in my jeep if I'm in the area with it.

·
Registered
18,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #191 ·
I got out at Sunrise & Rode with Y`all today...
IF any of you are out Riding today...
Rode up to Mauk, GA to help Crossbow, with his well repair, and ended up "Chasing Parts" to Columbus, GA...
Across central Georgia, on GA96...
We Hadta run 85 to keep from getting run over ;)
Man those people are CRAZY!!!
Speed limit IS 65 > BUT???

Had a Good "Lead" coming back,
Dennis

·
Registered
'07 Shadow Aero 750
3,171 Posts
EVERYBODY was out riding earlier today.... Must have been some type of mental telepathy amongst motorcyclists! LOL... :D

I went for a quick cruise out into the country, past the suburbs, and wanted to keep going and going. I pulled over and decided to take a photo of Hockett Rd in Goochland County, with me carefully sitting/straddling the bike in neutral.

Edit: Later on this afternoon, I went back out wearing my HJC half helmet and sunglasses, and hit up the local gas station and topped off the tank.

·
Premium Member
1,020 Posts
My buddy wanted to go to harbor freight this morning so we rode to london ky. About 80 miles there. Didn’t have what he wanted after he called yesterday and they said they did. Had to hurry back to beat the rain. I didn’t. Rode the last 5 miles in the rain. But at least i got my new tire broke in. Starting to rain hard now. Made it home just in time

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
Saturday the Phantom and I did the first “long” mileage ride since I put the new Mustang seat on the bike. 265 miles and no butt pains of any kind,,,not counting traffic.

That seat is worth every penny I paid for it!!!

Eric

·
Registered
2001 VT750 Shadow Spirit
178 Posts
Saturday the Phantom and I did the first “long” mileage ride since I put the new Mustang seat on the bike. 265 miles and no butt pains of any kind,,,not counting traffic.

That seat is worth every penny I paid for it!!!

Eric
Congrats on the ride with new seat. I agree the seat is worth every penny as last November I put a mustang wide touring seat with back rest on mine. Just turned over 9k on the odometer yesterday.

·
Registered
2001 VT750 Shadow Spirit
178 Posts
Rode to prime rib dinner and turned over 9k on the odometer.

Reactions: kesanders

·
Registered
2001 Shadow Spirit 750
1,095 Posts
Hurricane went through here a couple of days ago. Went out for a ride this morning, around southern Chester County. Expected to find a lot of closed roads, washed out gravel roads and detours. Almost all of the roads were open, most of the gravel roads had already been graded and there were only a couple detours. What I did find was a LOT of bright blue skies with bright white clouds, a little figurine garden and a beautiful day.

·
Registered
'99 VT750CD ACE
226 Posts
Just got back in from a morning ride throughout surrounding towns. I have a busy day ahead so only had time for 40-45 miles but weather today is a beauty (mostly) so just had to take advantage of that. I did take some pics (see the tag game thread).
One thing for sure is Saturday mornings are a heck of alot more trafficky than Sundays!

Ride safe and have fun folks!

·
Registered
02 1100 Spirit / 2012 Goldwing
5,054 Posts
We will be riding! No where in particular, just around.

Reactions: punxsybob
181 - 200 of 223 Posts