Honda Shadow Forums banner
81 - 100 of 160 Posts

·
Registered
1983 Honda vt750 Shadow
16,902 Posts
106 degrees here in the Seattle area. No riding for me.
Tomorrow may be 112, a real record setter.
Supposed to cool down to 91 on Tuesday.
Usually never gets much over 90 for a short spell.

·
Registered
17,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #84 ·
It was good to ride with you yesterday...
Headed to Crossbow`s to help him with pulling the well pump, but when I got there the work was being "Wrapped Up" so i didn`t get in on that ...

Got in a nice ride over & back though,
Dennis

40 miles each way IF I go straight there & back ;)

Yeah @punxsybob I love that bike also...

·
Registered
1983 Honda vt750 Shadow
16,902 Posts
Temps dropped down to the high 80s, so I got a ride to a few stores and around town.

·
Registered
17,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #86 ·
Rain, Rain, GO AWAY!!!!

Won`t be around this weekend, headed to Winchester, TN Early Friday thru Monday...
Y`all ride for me, huh?

Hold the fort down too,
Dennis

·
Registered
206 Posts
Y`all ride for me, huh?
I'm hoping to! We've been stuck in 95f+ the last few days then when evening comes it's spotty crazy wind, rain and T-storms. I'm leaving Friday for two weeks annual family vacation in Maine, I have to drive my truck so won't have my bike which s*cks. Maybe next year I'll need a trailer for this trip! There's some beautiful country up there to explore.
Anyway, have to run some errands tomorrow night, really hoping to do it on the bike. Now that I think about it, my errands don't take me too far from home...and i won't melt...sooooo 2 wheelin' errands it will be!

·
Registered
2007 VT750DC Spirit “chopper”
1,222 Posts
Eastern WA here and I haven’t rode more than to the corner store in the last few days, it’s 108F right now and it was 95F by 9AM…

·
Registered
17,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #89 ·
Yeah, I can take cooler or even COLD weather Better`n I can HOT!!!
I find myself riding when the shadows are over the road IF possible,
Dennis

Ride for me, RAIN is set in here too

·
Registered
2002, Shadow Spirit 1100
2,072 Posts
On those really hot days I like reverse cooling. Soak your shirt in water, lightly wring it out, put it on and freeze, then go for your bike ride. On a hot day you will be really cool for a bit while your shirt is drying. This feels a lot better and it seems to keep the sweating down a little bit. This technique is also very good before mowing the grass.

·
Registered
17,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #91 ·
Yeah @kesanders I do dat too...
I`m sitting here in a sweat soaked shirt feeling the ceiling fan blow cool air on my soaking wet Tee Shirt :D

After today I`ll be MIA until we get back from Winchester,
Dennis

Ride with me on different roads in different vehicles ;)

·
Registered
206 Posts
Ok I did my 2 wheelin' errands and yup, as expected, got rained on. Thought I'd make it home dry after the last stop but the rain came. Honestly, after the hot week it felt pretty good!

·
Administrator
1997 Valkyrie Standard
11,049 Posts
Just got back from a 500-mile trip, I feel like a roasted chicken riding in this heat. I have a few pictures I will post up and a write up of my adventure in a separate thread.

·
Registered
17,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #94 ·
Riding to Winchester,TN Passenger in a pickup truck, y`all pray fer me...
Wishing I were on the Bike,
Dennis

Holler backatchya Monday

·
Registered
1997 Honda Shadow ACE VT1100C2
210 Posts
Expensive Mt. Palomar lesson.
On July 4th I decided to ride up Mt. Palomar. When I got to the top Mother's Kitchen was closed for remodeling. Then my motorcycle wouldn't start. Lights came on, the volt meter was reading 12 volts but the tachometer needle didn't sweep during start up. Checked the ignition coil connections. Good. Battery connections. Good. Starter connections. Good? My OEM tool kit didn't have a screwdriver small enough to remove the kill switch/starter button housing. Sigh. $720 towing bill later it was the starter button contacts were, indeed, dirty.

Lesson learned: check tool kit for completeness

The bottom of South Grade road to Palomar Observatory. 84 degrees and sunny.
IMG_0907.jpg

No juice.

IMG_0910.jpg

·
Registered
2001 Shadow Spirit 750
907 Posts
Expensive Mt. Palomar lesson.
On July 4th I decided to ride up Mt. Palomar. When I got to the top Mother's Kitchen was closed for remodeling. Then my motorcycle wouldn't start. Lights came on, the volt meter was reading 12 volts but the tachometer needle didn't sweep during start up. Checked the ignition coil connections. Good. Battery connections. Good. Starter connections. Good? My OEM tool kit didn't have a screwdriver small enough to remove the kill switch/starter button housing. Sigh. $720 towing bill later it was the starter button contacts were, indeed, dirty.

Lesson learned: check tool kit for completeness

The bottom of South Grade road to Palomar Observatory. 84 degrees and sunny.
View attachment 295495

No juice.

View attachment 295496
Bummer. Wouldn't bump start ?

·
Registered
1997 Honda Shadow ACE VT1100C2
210 Posts
Bummer. Wouldn't bump start ?
No, wouldn't bump start. Where I initially parked was atop a pretty steep incline. Backed out the bike and rolled down the parking lot. Was able to pop the clutch several times but I was running out of parking lot and didn't want to chance of pushing my motorcycle up an even steeper road. :(

·
Registered
2001 Shadow Spirit 750
907 Posts
No, wouldn't bump start. Where I initially parked was atop a pretty steep incline. Backed out the bike and rolled down the parking lot. Was able to pop the clutch several times but I was running out of parking lot and didn't want to chance of pushing my motorcycle up an even steeper road. :(
Again.....Bummer.

81 - 100 of 160 Posts