Honda Shadow Forums banner
101 - 120 of 160 Posts

·
Registered
17,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #101 ·
Just back from our trip, I be Woh Slap Out!!!
`Twas 6 hours there and 6 hours back, Andy still ain`t letus know he made it to Ocala yet though
Dennis

Bummer about your bad times @JPatron and I`m glad to be home...

·
Administrator
1997 Valkyrie Standard
11,049 Posts
I did a 180-mile ride to pick up a new air filter for the Valk. It was was hot and windy and despite my great plans of installing it - so many stupid parts to remove it is ridiculous - I was hot and tired and had a nap instead. I had several people come up and want to talk about the Valk as I was getting ready to leave the dealership so that was nice.

·
Registered
2001 Shadow Spirit 750
907 Posts
I did a 180-mile ride to pick up a new air filter for the Valk. It was was hot and windy and despite my great plans of installing it - so many stupid parts to remove it is ridiculous - I was hot and tired and had a nap instead. I had several people come up and want to talk about the Valk as I was getting ready to leave the dealership so that was nice.
It IS a good looking bike.

·
Registered
17,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #104 ·
YES!
It`s always nice when folks wanna talk to you about your Bike...
It IS a Beauty!!! @Spiritman...
I got a ride to town when Ann called from the church and said " I pulled in and saw I still have flags in the yard here "
I am PROUD to be their "flag steward" ;)

So I did get a ride in with you today @Spiritman ,
Dennis
Who`s riding tomorrow? I AM!!!

·
Registered
2001 Shadow Spirit 750
907 Posts
Got an hours ride in tonight just before dinner. I keep finding new roads with great views.

·
Administrator
1997 Valkyrie Standard
11,049 Posts
Did a 120-mile trip around the block. The new air filter certainly increased my MPG even with a hella strong headwind for most of the trip.

·
Registered
2001 Shadow Spirit 750
907 Posts
I remember driving through the Sierra mountains in northern Cali, doing deliveries up there and seeing a lot of these " burnt toothpicks". Kind sad till I heard that pine trees need this to happen from time to time. Makes the pine cones " pop" open and distribute their seeds for new growth to happen. .... Not an expert on this, it's just what I have heard.

·
Registered
2002, Shadow Spirit 1100
2,072 Posts
I went for about a 40 mile ride this evening. Rain is coming in again this next week. It poured rain today but this evening was really nice.

·
Registered
5,966 Posts
If the rain holds off, I plan to ride the lawn tractor around for a couple hours. We’ve had so much rain lately the grass hasn’t stopped growing.

Sitting on my VTX making vroom vroom noises.

Reactions: "Captain D"

·
Registered
2001 Shadow Spirit 750
907 Posts
If the rain holds off, I plan to ride the lawn tractor around for a couple hours. We’ve had so much rain lately the grass hasn’t stopped growing.

Sitting on my VTX making vroom vroom noises.
You gonna make your vroom vroom noises while mowing the lawn ? :)

·
Registered
17,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #112 ·
Yeah @smurfy71 , I asked Ann, "Did You FERTILIZE the yard?"...
I JUST got done picking up the "HAY PILES" she left while mowing yesterday...
Hogs, chickens, donkey & goats are enjoying the fresh cut "HAY"...
Yeah BaHAYa grass does GROW,
Dennis

Thinking on riding up to Mauk,
Dennis

·
Registered
2001 Shadow Spirit 750
907 Posts
Rode to work this morning ("throttle locked" for another 11 miles) :p ...riding home after work. That'll be all for me unless it rains later. Wanna take it out in the storm to see if the new wires cured the cutting out in the rain.

·
Registered
Shadow VT700c 1986, ST1300 08
388 Posts
Today I made 480 miles on the ST1300 to one of the most beautiful places in the Scottish west coast.
When I got there this is what I had as a view...

·
Registered
2001 Shadow Spirit 750
907 Posts
I can't see what you're looking at with all that FOG in the way.....

·
Registered
Shadow VT700c 1986, ST1300 08
388 Posts
It should be this.
But a great disappointment. The road hasn't been kept properly and is now just enough for 1 car, even the passing places are ruined.

101 - 120 of 160 Posts