Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 20 of 149 Posts

·
Registered
1998 750 ACE
19,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I`ll be on my Baby Directly :D
We CAN Ride together on different roads ;)
I won`t be getting any pics, but IF you do, Please POST 'EM...

Lets RIDE,
Dennis

Lets DO IT

·
Registered
1998 750 ACE
19,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Riding with y`all, I Hadda nice Sunset Cruise yesterday...

Today is here, and I see 80 degrees on the outside temp gauge...

I`m headed out to ride with Y`all,
Dennis

·
Registered
'99 VT750CD ACE
430 Posts
Riding with y`all, I Hadda nice Sunset Cruise yesterday...

Today is here, and I see 80 degrees on the outside temp gauge...

I`m headed out to ride with Y`all,
Dennis
80!! damn nice! Cut that in half for me. Rode with you guys today but on different roads like your original post. I waited til thermometer reached 40 then rode. It wasn't as long as I would've liked. I knew I had a short window with more clouds coming and wind really howling, gusty, the kind that wants to make you change lanes unintentionally. Back home now warming up...Thinking how much I love that bike!

·
Registered
2001 Shadow Spirit 750
1,726 Posts
Went out on the big bike today. Grandkids had to stay behind. Got in 175 miles on a 5 hour cruise. Down Lincoln highway for an hour and a half when I found a donut shop - had to stop for a maple bar. South through the country side, down into Maryland and stopped for fuel at 110 miles. Cruise around Maryland and found my way back to the Conowingo rec area to get that retake, without the mitts. Onward up through Chester county through the horse farms ending up back home, just in time for lunch. OK,I was 2 1/2 hours late for lunch but it was sitting there on my plate,waiting for me. Good ride,Good day.

·
Registered
1998 750 ACE
19,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah, I got in a good ride with y`all yesterday too...
Switched to RES before I got the 12 miles to Ellaville, so stopped to get gas...
Pulled up to the pump put my gas card in and it wouldn`t pump fuel (?)
I found out why > The "drive off disconnect" was apart and placed in such a manner it wasn`t seen unless you really LOOKED...
WOW!!
SO I pushed her to the next pump, slid in my card and pumped $.32 before my limit was reached :D Ha ha on me!
SO > I went inside and put another $40 on it and pumped $8 and filled up...
AFTER the Gas stop I set out Northbound, to hook up with Mickey but he weren`t home...
Cruised on to Mauk to visit with Crossbow...
He`s gonna have his degenerated discs in the neck fixed Wednesday, so ya`ll pray for a good outcome please...
Then took the long way home, to find that my fishing buddy neighbor left me a coolerful of Crappie...
I just got did cleaning them...

It was good to ride with you all,
Dennis

Nice RIDE through south GA Rural Roads with some Spring flowers blooming on the trees...
Rain `ll set in tomorrow :(

·
Registered
1998 750 ACE
19,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It is not raining yet, however it`ll be here this evening, with severe weather watches & warnings AL & GA for today, tonite and tomorrow...
Looks like it`ll linger into the weekend too,
Dennis

Hunker DOWN Y`all

·
Registered
1998 750 ACE
19,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Being as a NEW Riding Season" is upon us, I figure we aughtta "ride together on different roads"...
Yesterdays RIDE ===>
I Changed Gas in my baby, I put over 100 more miles on the clock yesterday...

After a wipedown of dew "bath", I Straddled the saddle @ 58 degrees, & rode to church...
When I parked, I removed the key (without turning it OFF) So you KNOW the battery was depleted when I discovered my mistake...
OOOPS ! ! ==> I hate doing that ! ! !
Luckily a hill is at the end of the parkinglot, so I "Push started" it on the downhill grade, and rode to church again...
(I tried the starter along the way to see IF she had charged up the battery, it had...)
Then after a bit of fried chicken and smashed taters for lunch, I rode and got gas in Ellaville met up with two others and went to Ideal & Reynolds for the memorial, we did`nt go directly there though, we meandered through rural GA roads to get there..
Then afterward, we rode some more of those country roads what have grass growing though the pavement in spots not under the tires...
Bought gas again just so I`m ready next time I climb aboard...
96 miles showing and took 2.03 gallons = I figure right at 50 MPGs on our ride yesterday...

I saw 85 on the thermometer also,
Dennis

Who else rode?

·
Registered
2013 Honda Shadow Phantom 750
4,063 Posts
Rode to work this morning, 58 on the thermometer. Should be around 80 on the way home this afternoon.

Gonna be too wet to ride tomorrow and too cold Wednesday and Thursday. I will most likely be in the garden all weekend again, so I hope next week the weather is more conducive to riding.

Eric

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: chucke

·
Registered
1998 750 ACE
19,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yeah, Eric I`m gonna get with our neighbor and get the garden planted this week...
We plant at his place and both harvest on schedule shared...
While he`s off in Florida fishing, I get to harvest ;)

·
Premium Member
1,082 Posts
Didn’t get to ride today. Had to take wife to doctor appointment in lexington. But i did get about 300 miles in Saturday. And took my granddaughter for a short 70 mile ride Sunday

Didn’t get a picture of it but we saw our first bear of the year while on our ride yesterday

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
getting closer to getting back on 2 wheels. The dang lighting kit I got in didn't work exactly as manufactured plans but it's "almost" there.

New tires (DOT approved) mounted... Check
Turn signals.... Check
Brake lights.... Check
Horn... Check
Digital speedo... Check
Headlight... nope

Still only in the low 30's in the early morning here right now but hopefully by the time I get the headlight and another electrical bug or two figured out and get the bike registered it'll be warm enough in the morning I'll be ready to start commuting a couple of days a week.

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
Didn’t get to ride today. Had to take wife to doctor appointment in lexington. But i did get about 300 miles in Saturday. And took my granddaughter for a short 70 mile ride Sunday

Didn’t get a picture of it but we saw our first bear of the year while on our ride yesterday

Excellent graphic on your tank. Love seeing the youngsters out getting some two wheeled time. It's been my experience when out cruising the open road that it's the young ladies whose eyes light up when they see motorcycles out and about. I think that's a little nugget the manufacturers need to realize. H-D knows it and actually has an entire division dedicated to female riders. I think the rest should hop on board with the idea too. Great seeing that smile on you g-daughters face. Good on ya!!

·
Registered
1998 750 ACE
19,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I didn`t see them Pics earlier this morning, @chevyman_ky ...
I reckon I weren`t awake enough,
Dennis

·
Registered
'99 VT750CD ACE
430 Posts
Rode into work today. I think first time (this season) I arrived at work and still had full feeling in my fingers. I've ridden in on some pretty cold mornings but today was mid 40s. Will be warmer on ride home (y) but supposed to be pretty windy also.

1 - 20 of 149 Posts