Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please forgive my ignorance.. but,

I have read many of the messages in this topic and I have gathered that Woody was a great guy and that he kept a journal...
But non of the posts I read explain who he was (originator of this website???)
and what is significant about the journal.
I see that it has been handed off from one person to another and that someone was going to scan it and put it up on the web, but I could not find an address.

My curiosity is peaked.. can anyone answer my questons so I can put all the posts in this topic in context?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1994 Honda Shadow VT1100C. 1993 Honda VF750C Magna.
1,377 Posts
Briefly:

Woody was a moderator on this forum. He was a terrific guy and, dare I say, respected by all here. He was taken from us after a terrific battle with cancer and as a token of our continuing respect for him, a journal was created. It went around all of the US states and was passed from rider to rider with each one recording his or her special ride in it.

In the UK and Europe we created our own journal and as I recall there were entries form England, the Isle of Man and Holland to name but three.

I am lucky enough to appear in both the European and US journals; when I was visiting the US in 2007 and riding with MikeB, Taubear, PJ and others the journal changed hands at that rideout.

I believe it has now been handed on to Woody's widow by Joe, another forum member.

Woody was a fine guy and is still missed by some here. RIP Woody.

Respect to all

Collector

·
Super Moderator
6,502 Posts
Thank you Collector!

You will also notice that Woody is still listed as a moderator.
That way, he will always be with us in memory!
Also, one of our members bought Woody's bike, and I believe he is still riding it. A beautiful, black, Valkyrie Tourer!

Woody was definitely a fine guy and yes, he is missed!
Phil

·
Registered
1994 Honda Shadow VT1100C. 1993 Honda VF750C Magna.
1,377 Posts
True, Phil. It was Joe that bought Woody's bike and he still has it. I was privileged to catch a bitch trip on it :D when I visited him in 2007. Let me tell you, that Valk will fly and Joe had no problems leaving some air between the front tyre and the tarmac.

Collector

1 - 4 of 4 Posts