Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Premium Member
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any riders in Virginia? Where are you? Where are you riding? I'm in Arlington.

I'm just trying to make some connections and start some local conversation.

·
Registered
330 Posts
You are a little too far North for me, we are in N.E corner of N.C but we ride up in VA. all the time. Suffolk, Franklin, Smithfield, Surry, Jamestown, Yorktown, VA Beach, Churchland, Southern VA as you can see. Would like to ride the Five and Dime up to Hopewell and maybe over Chincoteague.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Rosslyn/Arlington, here. Just got my Shadow Aero a few days ago. Rode for years in Maryland, then Maine. Didn't ride for over five years. Love getting back on two wheels, but these NoVa roads and traffic are awful for my motorcycling. Once I get my confidence up I'll ride back up to western Montgomery County where I learned to ride on the beautiful back roads and country lanes -- the ones that haven't been turned into housing, yet.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Our plan one day is to ride up to Chincoteague for a 3 day weekend, not during the pony swim :roll:. Ride across the CBBT, hit hwy 600 and the rest of the roads that will keep us off hwy 13, looks beautiful.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Sky Line

I'll be riding skyline drive to the br parkway starting sat may 3rd
I know this is an old thread, but I'm going to do the Skyline in OCT with friends. Looking for suggestions about where to stay. Prefer Motorcycle camps with small cabins available.

Thanks, BJ

·
Registered
330 Posts
Check out KOA campgrounds, they have cabins with linens, bathroom, kitchen. A little on the expensive side but they look nice. I'm looking at going to Fancy Gap KOA in the fall.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Checking in from Culpeper. I've been focused on racing the car and riding the Triumph, but engine swap on the Triumph means I'm back on my Shadow :)

Currently in the process of maintenance (brakes) and some mods (all LEDs).

1 - 20 of 44 Posts