Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How come the US guys get a zillion sites and the biggest country and the country the site is hosted from gets one? Canada is a pretty wide area-with 12 provinces and three territories you'd think we could seperate the geography a bit!

Dingo.
2010 Honda Shadow Phantom-Custom

Sent from my 'droid device

·
Administrator
1997 Valkyrie Standard
10,956 Posts
Simple numbers I guess. Geographically we are huge. Population wise and membership wise Canadians make up a small percentage of the forum's membership.

Even with all our provinces and territories how many members are participating from each one? Should Nunavut have their own section? What about the one guy from Saskatchewan should there be a section for him? If there was a large enough membership for a particular section of the country - and to keep it active - we could always look at adding sections.

·
Registered
740 Posts
How come the US guys get a zillion sites and the biggest country and the country the site is hosted from gets one? Canada is a pretty wide area-with 12 provinces and three territories you'd think we could seperate the geography a bit!

Dingo.

With all respect, I've no idea what you're meaning and I've read it about 5 times.

What is it you're feeling discriminated against?

I don't get it :lol:

·
Premium Member
8,072 Posts
So you would like a HSN/CANADA web site separate from this site am I correct.

·
Administrator
1997 Valkyrie Standard
10,956 Posts
I do believe he is asking why is Canada only represented by one forum section unlike the various sections for the US.

·
Registered
17,443 Posts
And I thought it was the "HSN membership Pin the Map" thingy???
I am Still confused but getting closer to the realm of things ;)

Thank YOU HSN,
D

·
Premium Member
8,072 Posts
Spiritman.

Ok I understand. The US has forum sections based on geographic locations.

Dingo would like to see separate forums, Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba and so on.

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
Until such time as such sections become practical, perhaps members could start a regional thread such as "Alberta Riders, Count Off". These threads would be place to make people better known to others in their general area. If the threads fly, request they be made a sticky. It's not the answer you might eventually want, but it would be your own efforts towards that day. Just my thoughts.

·
Registered
17,443 Posts
Yes, this suggestion is exactly the beginning of the south eastern states forum...
We started posting in a "sub- forum" then requested and were granted a regional...
We asked permission first, then things developed...
I forget what the forum was beforehand???
(NC?? I think)

EDIT===>>> Yeah, I thought I was close ...
Quote ==>
This Boards Guidelines
Please remember to keep all posts in this board NC and SC related.
General discussion should be brought to the General Discussion board.

All rules developed for this forum apply to this board as well.

Please see the rules here:
http://www.hondashadow.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13

Thank You,
Dennis

·
Registered
471 Posts

Dingo.

We have 10 provinces...just saying :)

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
there are lot's of Canadian motorcycle forums started just no traffic to keep them going, big country but no population.

·
Registered
3,192 Posts

Dingo.
2010 Honda Shadow Phantom-Cust
It's because you say abooot instead of about.

·
Registered
5,688 Posts
Maybe its because you all say Hey! after you end your sentences. My best friend lives in Oakville Ontario and I kid him about that all the time.
I live quite close to Oakville and have never heard anyone end a sentence with Hey! :lol:

·
Registered
471 Posts
It's not HEY! It's Eh! ;-)
You're going to make fun of us, make sure it's the right word! ha ha ha!!
I live in the US now and I still say "Eh"...people don't notice until I tell them I'm Canadian.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Yeah it is EH like you said. Just sounds like hey to me. He lives in Oakville but he works for CBC in Toronto as a network engineer. He sends the TV feeds to whatever antenna needs them so you people can get your TV stations up there. He works out of the CN Tower. Took us up in the outside glass elevator once and I had to turn around and face the wall when it reached about 600 feet up almost half way to the top. Once inside I was Okay until he wanted me to walk on the glass floor then I had to take a few steps back again. Looked down through it and all the cars at street level looked like little Piss ants. Too high up for my comfort. The sign by the glass floor says it can hold 4 hippos or something like that but I still would not walk over it.

·
Registered
740 Posts
I think that's the news report I saw of them replacing the glass. It had cracked, not shattered and nobody fell through, but cracks all over it.

If it wasn't that one, it was another where you could look down and terrify yourself hehe.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts