Honda Shadow Forums banner

41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Shadow Sabre VT1100C2
25 Posts
When I bought it, my nephew had been loaning it to me to ride, I borrowed it to go to Tennesee to pick up a pickup truck...
It turned over 40,000 whilst I had it and his AC quit working...
He needed an AC unit MORE than this 98-750-ACE,
Dennis

Have time ; Will RIDE
His need for cool modern comfort is his loss and your gain! Congrats on the grab :) The bike turned over 40K and still running strong? Pretty awesome.

·
Registered
6 Posts
to be honest I was looking for another V65 Magna, I had one 10+ years ago. Well I couldn't find one that was in as good a shape as what I had. so started looking and found a VTX1300 and VTX1800. Looked at the VTX1800, and it felt too big. Then looked at the VTX1300, it was a nice bike BUT, I couldn't handle the open pipes. So I kept looking and found a 2003 VT1100 spirit with 3,700 miles. A fresh tank of fuel and oil change and omg what a great bike. I love the look, how it runs, although nowhere as quick as the V65 Magna, but a great ride. I've hade it foe 3 weeks and have put 1,000 miles on it and am loving it, and not looking back.

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
My dad has had this bike (1983 Honda Shadow 750) since I was young and we traveled to the Great Smoky Mountains on it. The bike has sit in the garage since he stopped riding (probably 30 years). I used to get on it and ride around town with no tags, insurance or license. He passed in January and I have a trip planned back to The tail of the dragon, great smoky mountains as a tribute to my dad. I am super excited and look forward to the trip.

That is a link for a group that makes an annual trip to the Dragon - except this year, postponed because of the virus. Maybe October, if COOP gets energetic.

41 - 43 of 43 Posts