Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that everyone rides for their own personal reasons. Most everyone knows the right/cool answers when asked, "Why do you ride?"

If forced to take a multiple choice test which of the following would you choose. All of the above is not an option and fill in the blank is not an option. This is like the SAT. Only the options availible. Then, which one would you select as the right/cool/popular option. Are they the same, why not? Be honest, that is much cooler than just giving the "right" answer.

Freedom

Biker Image/It's Cool

Relaxation/Release

Don't Know any Different

It is fun

·
Registered
5,688 Posts
I don't ride because it's cool but I do know that I am cool because I ride. Make sense?? I'm cool anyway. 8)

So basically all of the above, main reason being it's fun.

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
I ain't playing this game!! :shock: What's a SAT???? How hard are they to put on my motorcycle??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bullzeyet

·
Registered
46 Posts
R&R most definately! :D

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Because it's fun.... because even at 20 degrees with my fingertips freezing, it's still a hell of a lot more fun than driving my car.

Because at 37, I don't have a whole lot of "fun" left in me. I have recently started picking up things to do that are simply fun--- and I make no apologies. This is my life, and you only get one. :)

·
Registered
130 Posts
denisep said:
Because it's fun.... because even at 20 degrees with my fingertips freezing, it's still a hell of a lot more fun than driving my car.

Because at 37, I don't have a whole lot of "fun" left in me. I have recently started picking up things to do that are simply fun--- and I make no apologies. This is my life, and you only get one. :)
Oh c'mon Denise, you have all kinds of time and fun left in ya. :wink: Don't think that way.

For me, it has to be a tie between fun and R&R, but if I can only have one, it would be because it's fun.

·
Registered
943 Posts
relaxes me.....and honestly, except for the posers, I dig hanging out with other riders

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Oh c'mon Denise, you have all kinds of time and fun left in ya. Don't think that way.
Saint... as I am fixing to be snowed in and very bored-I'll elaborate...

Women tend to spend much of their day (and maybe life) serving others --the kids, the husband, the job. I still do those things, but I carve out large blocks for myself for the first time in years. There are lots of fun things to be done-- I've taken up running and believe it or not, that's pretty fun too.

But if you ride.. and it's not first and foremost fun.... what's the point??

·
Registered
204 Posts
I didn't really start riding until I was 47. I ride primarily because it's absolutely the most fun I've ever had with my cloths on :twisted: . As far as the cool answer, I ride for the freedom (although there is some truth to it) :D .

·
Registered
130 Posts
denisep said:
Oh c'mon Denise, you have all kinds of time and fun left in ya. Don't think that way.
Saint... as I am fixing to be snowed in and very bored-I'll elaborate...

Women tend to spend much of their day (and maybe life) serving others --the kids, the husband, the job. I still do those things, but I carve out large blocks for myself for the first time in years. There are lots of fun things to be done-- I've taken up running and believe it or not, that's pretty fun too.

But if you ride.. and it's not first and foremost fun.... what's the point??
Susan? Is that you? :lol: You sounded just like my wife. :lol: I actually understand. Good for you.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts