Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I cleaned carburator and it nothing wrong inside.But it does't wotk with choke.He reacted at first and idle goes up i set up full choke and it comes rare sound and idle goes down.And i must skruw inside idle bolt to start the bike and it runs but not great.gasoline consumption are very high what can be reason?

·
Registered
2001 Valkyrie I/S
7,012 Posts
The choke isn't really a choke it enriches the fuel. It could be you don't need the choke, if it runs fine without it don't use it.

·
Registered
1983 Honda vt750 Shadow
19,327 Posts
Warm weather you probably don't need any choke.
You may be flooding it with full choke.
Pull the spark plugs to see if they are fouled.
Choke will use much more gas.

Reactions: Meska

·
Registered
1983 Honda vt750 Shadow
19,327 Posts
The idle is too low to begin with. Should be closer to 1000.
And the strange sound is when the choke is on and it is getting too much gas and the spark plug are not firing well and the engine has a rougher sound.

·
Registered
747 Posts
See if you can take the slack out of the enricher cable. That was about an instant a start as it gets, no assist needed. Sync sounds good, idle is close enough. The adding of the enricher, is more fuel, more BTU [heat] and then the AFR [air to fuel ratio] kicks in. Thus the loss of perfect start, perfect AFR running at idle. You altered the PRE [previously designed AFR] to be this much fuel for the idle to fire off and idle just like that video.

Choose:
NPF = No Problem Found
PFO = Problem Found [is the ] Owner

Signed,
Keep messing with the bike to figure it out club

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The idle is too low to begin with. Should be closer to 1000.
And the strange sound is when the choke is on and it is getting too much gas and the spark plug are not firing well and the engine has a rougher sound.

I checked the sparrk plugs again and found that the two did not spark almost, I replaced them with new ones and increased the air fuel mixture to 2.5. As a result, I was able to upload a video, I was satisfied.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts