Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
26 Posts
It is tough. The only two metric dealers here won't mount tires you don't buy from them, so you can't save money mail-ordering. I used to pull the rims and take them in untill i found out I only saved ten bucks doing that.

· Registered
710 Posts
Does she have her own bike????? We become much more understanding about these things & accessories (I might add) when we own our bikes.. :lol:

· Registered
233 Posts
I only get into trouble (with the wife) when I go ahead and do something like you did without discussing the cost first. If I spent $400.00 without sharing the decision with her previous to doing it, then it can get ugly. Now, if I say "I need to take $400 out of the account next week so I can have my tires changed out to Metzlers", she will always say.... Hmmmm...O.K. At least that is the way it works at our house.

· Registered
622 Posts
biglpierson said:
Got my knew metzeler's ME880's put on today at the stealership. (96 1100 ACE) Mounted, balanced, installed, $452.94. (WHAT A DEAL) I think i will install my own tires from here on out.
If it makes you (or your wife) feel better, that's what my dealer charged me for the ME880's. And if you hink that's too much, one of my riding buddys' got had for $500 for Dunlops on his Dyna Wide Glide at the H-D dealer.

Bruce

· Registered
549 Posts
wolverine said:
It is tough. The only two metric dealers here won't mount tires you don't buy from them, so you can't save money mail-ordering. I used to pull the rims and take them in untill i found out I only saved ten bucks doing that.
really? i save about $50 by removing my wheels and taking them in to have new rubber mounted.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.